• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just ordered these from Praxis. They've got a sale going on right now so I exchanged many emails with the owner telling him what I ski, where I ski, how I ski, etc. He made some recommendations, I chose the topsheet and base and done. I've never ordered skis so I think this is the coolest thing ever. 174 in size and 106 underfoot, camber and tip rocker. Won't have til september but I'm plenty excited. Thanks @jmeb for telling me about these guys. Keith is awesome!!!

252_zoom_1395417548.jpg

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
You don't understand -> they have a custom ski in a frontside 88-waister slot to complement your backside-88 Meiers and you could (be one of the very people in the US to) have them in Sept.

Ahh ok. No my Meier Quickdraws are all I need in the 80s range. I have my 76 underfoot Rallys if I need anything more frontside. I'll save the 88 custom praxis for someone who really needs them. I'm good waiting for my other ones in Septrmber.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Just ordered these from Praxis. They've got a sale going on right now so I exchanged many emails with the owner telling him what I ski, where I ski, how I ski, etc. He made some recommendations, I chose the topsheet and base and done. I've never ordered skis so I think this is the coolest thing ever. 174 in size and 106 underfoot, camber and tip rocker. Won't have til september but I'm plenty excited. Thanks @jmeb for telling me about these guys. Keith is awesome!!!

View attachment 44806

Rad! Hope you like them. -10mm GPOs? What flex? Go with the standard topsheet?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Rad! Hope you like them. -10mm GPOs? What flex? Go with the standard topsheet?

I'm STOKED. Freeride model, 174cm, 106 underfoot, flex 4. This is what they'll look like. Keith and I emailed back and forth quite a bit. I told him where I ski, what I ski currently, what terrain I like and what these are for mainly, how I ski, etc. He made some suggestions and these were born :). Which models do you have?

252_zoom_1395417548.jpg

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'm STOKED. Freeride model, 174cm, 106 underfoot, flex 4. This is what they'll look like. Keith and I emailed back and forth quite a bit. I told him where I ski, what I ski currently, what terrain I like and what these are for mainly, how I ski, etc. He made some suggestions and these were born :). Which models do you have?

Nice. Thats the GPO (Grand Pacific Octopus) topsheet which is why I wondered.

Flex 4 -- burly!

I have 180cm Yetis as my go-to touring ski for Colorado. And 188 Protests for big snow days or funky 3D snow days.

I thought I understood skiing powder after a couple seasons on my Moment Bibbys. The Protests absolutely blow them out of the water in untouched snow.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Nice. Thats the GPO (Grand Pacific Octopus) topsheet which is why I wondered.

Flex 4 -- burly!

I have 180cm Yetis as my go-to touring ski for Colorado. And 188 Protests for big snow days or funky 3D snow days.

I thought I understood skiing powder after a couple seasons on my Moment Bibbys. The Protests absolutely blow them out of the water in untouched snow.

Nice. Yes that's the one. I'm a sucker for purple. I almost went with another very colorful one with lots of reds and greens but it had a skull on it and that's not quite me. Keith was suggesting I go with the 4, worst case 3 flex. I didn't want to go through all this and have it be noodely or too soft. Ski doesn't have metal in it so I figured the stiffer flex will be fine. I don't ski in much powder but it does happen once in a while, plus I go out west once or twice a season. I get a lot of slush when it warms up because I ski until the end so I figured these would do the trick on all counts. I have my Wild Bills which are 98 underfoot so these will share the stage with my Meiers but will come out when I want a little more real estate.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
@surfsnowgirl ......those are some fine acquisitions to your portfolio, quiver, and I hope you have a great time on all your new rides!!!! One aspect of skiing, and of this forum in particular, is that I enjoy is listening to people talk about new gear that they purchased. Obviously I like reflecting about my new gear, but there are few things better than listening to people get excited about skiing. No one has to spend discretionary income on skiing so it's always nice to hear/read people get excited about new equipment. Enjoy!!!!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@wallyk Thank you. I've given up realizing the perfect quiver as tastes change, skis change and it's a constantly evolving thing. I'm pretty excited about what's setting up to my my lineup for next season though. I also like to buy and sell skis, it's what I do and I think it's fun. I agree about the enthusiasm of folks when they are so excited about what they've bought. It's all skiing stoke, and all good :).

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Sad story happy ending. I bought a pair of Smith Masterminds with Chroma-pop two years ago after falling in love with a friends pair. This March at Alta i pull them out and the hinge is broken. So disappointed. Contacted Smith Optics for warranty return authorization and surprisingly the "defect" was covered under the limited lifetime warranty but the Mastermind was no longer available and repair was not an option. They gave me a my choice of a free replacement up to a value of $209 and when I picked out the Guide's Choice, $229 they ate the difference and shipped them for free.

Impressed.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I have been looking for a backpack that I could use as a boot bag. Although I wanted a heated boot bag when I saw the car plug-in heating pad that I could place in a boot bag I decided to go that route. The following photos are the result of my search. The Ross store that I purchased the backpack from gives a senior discount on Tuesday so I got an extra 10% off the tag in the photo.:)
upload_2018-5-1_17-35-9.png

upload_2018-5-1_17-35-59.png

upload_2018-5-1_17-37-1.png

upload_2018-5-1_17-37-39.png

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
N+1 - the cheapskate version. Yes, you're reading that right, $299 plus a buck for delivery. If I put two locks and a saddle cable on it they will be worth more than the bike. Heck, replace the saddle and post and they will be worth more than the bike.

https://www.populo.com/collections/sale - notice the roadie and hybrids as well.

Quest_2000x.jpg

What do you think, is that too ...ahem... budget to bother with putting red electrical tape on the magenta bits?

Last edited:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
N+1 - the cheapskate version. Yes, you're reading that right, $299 plus a buck for delivery. If I put two locks and a saddle cable on it they will be worth more than the bike. Heck, replace the saddle and post and they will be worth more than the bike.

https://www.populo.com/collections/sale - notice the roadie and hybrids as well.

Quest_2000x.jpg

What do you think, is that too ...ahem... budget to bother with putting red electrical tape on the magenta bits?
Holy Sh*t that's super cheap for some not terrible specs! But definitely cover the, um, "magenta" bits :0

Just having a steel disk frame with clearance for mid-size tires . . .

Sponsor

Staff online