• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
A bit late to the game but picked up both of these beauties last offseason. The Vist Crossover II's are a few years old but as I understand same as the current Blossom White Out. Very fun and confidence inspiring skis - amazingly smooth. The Skilogik Frontburners were a Craigslist find for $80! They will likely just end up on the wall since they look so nice but I gotta admit I'm still dying to ski them.
View attachment 39315

Give ya $125 for the burners :ogcool:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Totally forgot to brag about my most recent acquisition courtesy of @Ron. No need to disclose price beyond saying -- you get far more than you pay for when buying second hand from PugSkiers.

187 Praxis Protest, minty condition, with Marker Griffon Schizo bindings.

Plan is to dial mount point this year, and add a pair of Salomon Shifts next year for Japan-uary. Skied them one day at -0.5cm and I can't imagine they get any better. They (and the day) was too much fun for photos. So excuse the garage queen shots.

X7yZKms.jpg

Serf4rg.jpg

Nice....

@Ron has the goods......he has great gear!, I will be looking for some more of his stuff in the future. Great seller.

Reactions: Ron

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
Miss-read Start Haus's email Pres Day sale, thought only select skies were on sale - went over on Sat anyway. While wistfully looking at a pair of Kore 105's price at $699, I commented to the sales guy "wish these were on sale". He pointed to the high mounted sign (8 ft up) at the beginning of the ski wall that said "all retail skis 50% off" and said "they are". Asked if he had any other sizes, they were 171's, he said "your holding the last pair we have". A quick mental calculation and thought said I can always sell these for at least the sale price of $350 (1/2 of $699) and if I like them it's a great deal. So I bought them. I normally don't buy skis I haven't demo'd but several friends I trust have raved about them. Besides, I'm 5'9" and 160#, so 171's should be no problem except for perhaps top speed.

Went home and logged onto SkiEssentials and picked up a pair of last year's Attack 13 DEMO's for $159; so all in for $509 + tax. Received them Thu, had them mounted Fri and took them out to N* on Sat. They are fantastic! Conditions: 6" new, groomed, on top of frozen hard-pack. Super light ski, extremely quick edge to edge, tenacious edge hold, no problem with speed - love them - can't wait to get them in some powder and the trees. With our current conditions here in Tahoe, off-piste skiing is very sketchy right now - but it looks like that is about to change as a couple of feet is forecast for this Thu/Fri.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor