• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
Stockli doesn't really make a ski I'm interested in. But as a kind of ski construction nerd even I have to admit that their production facility, and methods is well above some of the other brands mentioned here. Just because a ski is expensive, does not mean there is some amazing prouduction line behind it. That is not the case with Stockli. They are an impecablly built, and finished ski. Some of the brands you guys mention in the same sentence....not so much.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Stockli simply produces a better ski than other companies, including Renoun.

If you tune/work on/are around skis and can ski you know the difference.

The products they use are top quality, craftsmanship is top quality, etc.

It’s just “better”.

FYI, the ULTIMATE would be a stockli-built @Cyrus Schenck designed ski!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I first tried Stockli in 1998; my first Laser SC was in 2001; I took them to Sutton and no one had even heard of the brand but several people still had Authiers on the hill :D :D :D

Lessee, Stormrider II (2x), Stormider XL (multiple), Stormrider VXL (2x), Stormrider TT (2x), Spirit, and anyone remember the name of the weird little mogul/park ski they did back around '03? Before the park-Rotors came out, when 'Rotor' was their hypercarver ski?

Were you thinking of the Snake (the green twin tip with the snake skin texture top sheet)?

I'm a long time Stockli owner and fan; going back to '05. I have purchased 8 pairs over the years. Part of the challenge/fun with Stockli is just finding a pair; getting a good deal is uncommon unless you have inside connections.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Were you thinking of the Snake (the green twin tip with the snake skin texture top sheet)?
The Snake is one I never skied :( ; the ski I am thinking of above was from a few seasons prior to that. Plain jane blue top sheet approximately the shade of the emoji :eek: low 70s waist asymmetric twintip with a flex just barely stiffer than park. No particular connection;:margarita: I just happened to be in the store at the same time as the brand rep and he had one in the truck...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That video above made me check to see if that was my pair of 170 SCs being made that they showed at the end. :P The serial number did not match though.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Now I'm thinking of applying for a job with Stockli building skis. I'd do it for free, how could they pass that up? Ok they still might but I'd be willing to move to Europe to build Stocklis. I would need pow days off. And an employee discount.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
That video above made me check to see if that was my pair of 170 SCs being made that they showed at the end. :P The serial number did not match though.

If that was actually a match it would have been like winning the lottery. :)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Now I'm thinking of applying for a job with Stockli building skis. I'd do it for free, how could they pass that up? Ok they still might but I'd be willing to move to Europe to build Stocklis. I would need pow days off. And an employee discount.

I'm right behind ya. Forget the wife and kids... I'm going to Europe. ;)

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier

LOL

With your addiction to high end skis you could not afford to work there

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
I was at a ski swap yesterday- about 8 to 10 pair of three year old, new in wrapper, Laser GS for $35 a pair. 150 and 155cm SL for $80, some short Laser SC for $70... I kind of wish I wanted a 195/35 GS ski...

ccsasuke

Booting up
Skier
They are selling brand new 2019 Laser AXs (with the Salomon XM13 bindings) for 925 euros, and with VAT refund, I was able to get a pair for about $860.
Can't be happier :yahoo:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Dayum!

Sponsor

Staff online