• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow! what a gondola line this morning! All the way past one steamboat place and almost out to the shuttle drop off area!
Lots of fun once up on the mountain though

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow! what a gondola line this morning! All the way past one steamboat place and almost out to the shuttle drop off area!
Lots of fun once up on the mountain though

yeah, I got to the Gondi around 9:30 knowing it'd be a long line. Caught the live feed from the condo.

I'll say the turn time was surprising quick.

We caught the line nearer Gondola Joes at 9:30, off loaded at top of gondi at 9:50 ... looked at my watch and was totally surprised as last year, in line starting at the maze took 35 min.

happy we didn't wait for other lifts once up hill.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yesterday was possibly our best yet here with all crowds gone and still lots of fluffy turns in trees. What a great tree skiing hill Steamboat is.

Getting more than our fill of soft bumps and powder bumps. Very easy to get into the rhythm of these boat bumps.

Taking a day off skiing today. Lounging around, exploring downtown, hot springs in the afternoon and dinner reservations at The Laundry. Hopefully pick back up with this week's powder program on Wednesday.

TrickySr.

Booting up
Skier
Skied the last three days and may ski tomorrow if there is any interest.
Kuu's Cruise under Priest Creek chair was great all three days! :cool:

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yesterday was possibly our best yet here with all crowds gone and still lots of fluffy turns in trees. What a great tree skiing hill Steamboat is.

Getting more than our fill of soft bumps and powder bumps. Very easy to get into the rhythm of these boat bumps.

Taking a day off skiing today. Lounging around, exploring downtown, hot springs in the afternoon and dinner reservations at The Laundry. Hopefully pick back up with this week's powder program on Wednesday.

The Laundry is excellent. Outstanding cocktails too.

Bobby Jeremy

Booting up
Skier
Happy for all of you there for the snow this week ... disappointed for myself that my first trip to Steamboat (next week) looks like it will go by with nary an inch of the "Champagne Powder" to experience. Recommendations for the best places on the mountain when it hasn't snowed in a week?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied the last three days and may ski tomorrow if there is any interest.
Kuu's Cruise under Priest Creek chair was great all three days! :cool:

My kid took us down Sundown, to Kuus Cruise into 3 oclock in and out of trees, trying to get us used to trees and moguls. I skied it pretty ugly but it was great up there and I was comfortable enough not to kill myself or others.

Most rest of yesterday was practice on moguls or smaller bumps as to try and get used to these. Easier to try when there's lots of powder.

this shot was either on Kuus or 3 OClock:

20200113_101735.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Taking a day off skiing today. Lounging around, exploring downtown, hot springs

our day off is tomorrow, similar with exploring downtown and hitting the Athletic Club for their hot springs, not Strawberry though.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone skiing tomorrow(Wednesday 1/15?)

Yes we are skiing tomorrow.

Snowing right now. Powder cam shows about 3" so far.

Let me know if you want to meet up. We have been skiing a wide variety of terrain.

TrickySr.

Booting up
Skier
If we get 8-10 Inches, we'll ski another day, otherwise we have to head back to Idaho.
Hoping to ski, will check in the morning.
What time and where if ......?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If we get 8-10 Inches, we'll ski another day, otherwise we have to head back to Idaho.
Hoping to ski, will check in the morning.
What time and where if ......?

How bout 7" at the top. We plan on catching a 9:15 shuttle, puts us at gondola base around 9:30. Top of Gondola around10.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
How bout 7" at the top. We plan on catching a 9:15 shuttle, puts us at gondola base around 9:30. Top of Gondola around10.
I’m heading up at 8:30. I can swing by the top of the gondola at 10.

TrickySr.

Booting up
Skier
Sounds good. I'll try to meet you at the top of the gondola at 10:00.
Base of the stairs at the top of the gondola exit.
I'll be wearing a lime green Jacket with black pants. Blue Lange boots and last years plaid Stockli Stormriders.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sounds good. I'll try to meet you at the top of the gondola at 10:00.
Base of the stairs at the top of the gondola exit.
I'll be wearing a lime green Jacket with black pants. Blue Lange boots and last years plaid Stockli Stormriders.

Great. Will look for you. I am in blue and grey TNF shell, black pants...My better half has a brighter purple Arcteryx shell and black pearl skis and our friend has blue jacket and yellow pants. alos have a boarder in tow in black with orange helmet.

Sponsor

Staff online