• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice,

If anyone had interest tip have a beer or two towards end of day .. 4 ish, family is at snowblower. Just past the era post.

PM me

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Fun day yesterday was.
3mdcl9.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
stronger winds supposed to be coming in this early afternoon, so head out as early as you can!

some reports saying gusts of 40-60mph which may affect some lifts/Gondi

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pony Express right about 1pm friday 20200117_125513.jpg

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’m headed up today for some turns on Tues and Wed. Solo trip so if anyone wants to get together holler.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I was looking into a weekend trip to the 'boat this Saturday, but am a bit turned off by the hotel prices. I know it's short notice, but Saturday seems to be highway robbery $$. I might wait until after the Jackson Hole Gathering to pay a visit.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
I was looking into a weekend trip to the 'boat this Saturday, but am a bit turned off by the hotel prices. I know it's short notice, but Saturday seems to be highway robbery $$. I might wait until after the Jackson Hole Gathering to pay a visit.

Yeah, a little close to Saturday for good rates. I'd also look at AirBNB and VRBO if you want to come up. You can probably find one under $200 at a B&B or condo. Hope you come. We're supposed to get snow every day the rest of the week...just sayin...

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thanks to Bruce for meeting up for some turns. The amount of skiers seen with cowboys hats is all time for me.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Took a look at VRBO too. As with the hotel pricing, it all looks good until you get to the 'purchase' window, then an extra $100-150 gets tacked on. I really want to hit Steamboat. I haven't been there in years, but used to go all the time as it's only a 4 hour drive for me. Buying the Mountain Collective for the last 4 years made it a no-go, but bought the IKON this year.

Probably just doing a day trip to Deer Valley this weekend instead.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's option on vrbo to contact lister and counter offer.

Typically one finds the adder if a cleaning fee and or taxes.

Had many an owner eat some of the fees, especially if you elaborate on how respectful you are of others stuff ... and may return

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Happy for all of you there for the snow this week ... disappointed for myself that my first trip to Steamboat (next week) looks like it will go by with nary an inch of the "Champagne Powder" to experience. Recommendations for the best places on the mountain when it hasn't snowed in a week?

@Bobby Jeremy , you're there now - yes? looks as if you got some good snow, 6 last night, 3 more nights/days of snow coming.

Sorry for not replying, I'm intermediate skier but happy to toss out some ideas with an idea of your skill set ... if you haven't yet found favorites.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
We’re going to be there the first week of March. I will pm you guys if it works out for us.
Sometimes you get that feeling that maybe you’re bothering someone , or not , so there’s always that.

Bobby Jeremy

Booting up
Skier
@Bobby Jeremy if you need any intel while you are in steamboat feel free to pm me.
Thanks, and thanks to pete as well. I kind of figured things out! Yeah, some snow fell and made some parts of the mountain super enjoyable for me - closets, some of the hike-to stuff off Mt. Werner, morningside - but we were horribly socked-in with dense clouds tuesday - thursday and saturday as well. Yikes.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid