• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm happy for you guys, sad for myself.

Tuesday AM i was 1 hr out of locking in a condo base side for my buddy and 3 of his friends .. .me being one to hit the boat this next Thursday.

1/2 hr later, just before a hard commit 1 guy started the dominoes falling and trip was off. Lucky the condo owner is cool and said no problem. I even was digging up another traveler but my buddy was locked in decision.

would have had Friday/Sat/Sun/Monday as ski days, and weather as I kept tempting him is looking promising for really what would amount to a ~$700 trip for rooms,lifts and fuel. Drive I could do without but for the price ...

TrickySr.

Booting up
Skier
SO and I will be in Steamboat 1/11 thru 1/15 and would like to get together with Ron and "team" for some turns. Haven't read full thread, so I have no idea of activities or plans but are generally up for anything!

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
SO and I will be in Steamboat 1/11 thru 1/15 and would like to get together with Ron and "team" for some turns. Haven't read full thread, so I have no idea of activities or plans but are generally up for anything!

I'm out of town through the 14th, but would be happy to meet for some turns on the 15th if you are still skiing that day. PM me if you want contact info. You'll love it here!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
pete: Jan 10th - 17th
Crank: Jan 10th - 18th
TrickySr. : Jan 11th - 15th
Bobby Jeremy: Jan 19th - 25th
my07mcx02: Feb 2-7.
@Decreed: Feb ?

@Noodler: healthy Ron/healthy snow ogsmile

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester

@TrickySr. here's my Steamboat Guide. I am looking forward to meeting up.\

looking like a micro-gathering. :).

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Enjoy @Bruuuce! Im not going to make it today but I'm counting on you getting some powder in your face for me.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
ok, simply whining but least I can give my buddy crap for nixing a trip that would of put our first day skiing on Friday ... the Thursday night to Sat snow prediction is 9 to 19 inches total ... would of been nice!

ah, I feel better now

OddTurn

Booting up
Skier
I'll be skiing at Steamboat (my first visit !): Feb 2, 3, 4, 6, 7

pete: Jan 10th - 17th
Crank: Jan 10th - 18th
TrickySr. : Jan 11th - 15th
Bobby Jeremy: Jan 19th - 25th
my07mcx02: Feb 2-7.
OddTurn: Feb 2-7 (minus Wed 5th)
@Decreed: Feb ?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be skiing at Steamboat (my first visit !): Feb 2, 3, 4, 6, 7
Nice!

That was our families preferred period for a week till college entered the picture. Seemed to get more snow and bit warmer than our current early Jan trip.

With superbowl the place is pretty festive. If skiing the mountain is pretty packed till 1 and turns into a ghost town due to pole game activities

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Hey All, I am sorry but I wont be skiing anytime soon. Please make sure you post up pics and of course hit up @Bruuuce for a mtn guide (unofficial of course) . We just got 6" at the summit!

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Hey All, I am sorry but I wont be skiing anytime soon. Please make sure you post up pics and of course hit up @Bruuuce for a mtn guide (unofficial of course) . We just got 6" at the summit!

Sorry to hear that! I was looking forward to getting in a few turns with you. Get well!

I'm happy to tour (or just ski whatever you want) whenever I'm in town.

PS - yes, they said 6" at the summit but it sure felt like more. I thought it might be dust on crust, but it was a true powder day. Missed you out there...

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Sorry to hear that, Ron - can't say I'm shocked with all the work you've had done, but still sorry! If you can still eat and drink ;) would love to buy you an après beer or coffee regardless. Your input on Steamboat here has been invaluable to our plan making.

BTW we're there Feb 20-25. Will hit up @Bruuuce closer to go time. I've been poring over written reports, maps and your guide to avoid ending up one of "those people" down toward Fish Creek . . .

Sponsor