• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
A little stoke for those coming in next week. 10" in the last day or so and it's still nuking at my house. We're also expecting another storm this weekend. Should be great!

snapshot.jpg

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
and folks, there has to be more snow than what is being reported (happens often) I am at 6800' about 3 miles as the crow flies from the mountain and we have more snow than that.

ENJOY EVERY TURN!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
looks like the cam may finally be accurate, ts now showing just about 12" and 8 from 4pm. I know something has to be wrong with only saying we got 4" yesterday. that simply is not accurate unless there was some weird thing going on with elevations 4K lower getting more. this in conjunction with the NOAA stating snowfall amounts would be higher in elevations above 9K.

Bruuuce

Skier
I was out yesterday afternoon and can tell you that the actual was pretty shallow. It was less than I expected. This morning on the other hand was a different story. I think there may be timing issues with the stated measurements, but I can tell you the actual I experienced yesterday was dust on crust. Today is was deeeep.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
My other friend said the trees up high yesterday were spectacular and and more like 8-9". Could totally be a storm aspect issue which isn't uncommon here (as @Bruuuce knows). We got about 9-11 here

Bruuuce

Skier
Glad he saw better conditions than I did. All I can speak to is what I saw. I didn’t navigate the whole mountain.

Back to the subject at hand: to those coming next week...we got lots of snow and conditions should be great for you!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
peterm: Jan 2nd-11th
pete: Jan 10th - 17th
Crank: Jan 10th - 18th
TrickySr. : Jan 11th - 15th
Bobby Jeremy: Jan 19th - 25th
my07mcx02: Feb 2-7.
OddTurn: Feb 2-7 (minus Wed 5th)
@Decreed: Feb ?

Got a few powder turns in yesterday. Dealing with a tweaked back so my skiing is even more limited than usual but keen to meet up at some point. Micro gathering on 11th perhaps?
Get well soon @Ron.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Micro gathering on 11th perhaps?
I'd just like to add that I love all the variations on Gathering sizes... If I meet up with one other PugSkier, I'm going to start calling it a Nano-Gathering.

And if we ever have some small number of folks get together to ski Pico Mountain, we could have a Pico Pico-Gathering.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dealing with a tweaked back so my skiing is even more limited than usual but keen to meet up at some point. Micro gathering on 11th perhaps?

Might be able to meet up for a drink or three, spouse spent a year in HS in Dunedin and would likely love to talk of anything kiwi (and/or skiing) ... but timing wise is tight as we arrive 10th.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Car coming to take us to the airport at 3:45AM. Mostly packed.

I will send some PM's later today.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sitting in Cheyenne watching done light snow. Pumped about the hopeful forecast coming Saturday for or 5 days.

Knock on wood.

Bruuuce

Skier
I'm having serious MOOP (missing out on powder) this week. Can't wait to get back next week...

Enjoy all that are there!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@peterm found me 15 feet from him in the Thunderhead ... lovely man and great how Kiwi's do holiday ...

we didn't have a lot of time to spend chatting but envious of his Powercat trip.

Me, spouse (MJ) and 2 kids spent time on the Grove, Baby Cakes, Ridge, playing around trying to get ski legs back.

Didn't get many decent photos, I need some training time on the new phone ... got one of MJ on the Ridge,

overall the powder is in great shape up top to mid .. tons which I attribute to nice cold temps. Last night I think hit -4F. Today was cool to start, hit ~20 midday so comfy for me and kids

Resized_20200111_145841.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online