• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
To those of you coming up this week...

It is snowing HARD today and isn’t letting up! You should have a great base for the week. I have family in this weekend but if anyone wants to hook up Monday or later please feel free to PM me. I’m always up for it.

OddTurn

Booting up
Skier
@Bruuuce excellent news ! I'll be around on Monday and will message you.
Looking back at the thread I see that @my07mcx2 should be in town too, anyone else ?
I'm happy to meet on Sunday if anyone is up for it.

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Bruuuce excellent news ! I'll be around on Monday and will message you.
Looking back at the thread I see that @my07mcx2 should be in town too, anyone else ?
I'm happy to meet on Sunday if anyone is up for it.

our flight get's in at 2 on Sunday. It will be probably a hour to get from Haden to Storm Meadows after picking up the rental. We may stop by the store before getting to the condo and we want to watch the super bowl. if there is a sports bar close to base we may do that. if not looks like Monday looks good for skiing but a big system may be coming in that evening to Tuesday. pm me and we can do telephone numbers.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@my07mcx2

note others comments .. bring some grocery bags either re-usable or Plastic .. otherwise you need to buy. Not super pricey but I can only use so many bags.:) (plastic bag free zone for handing out)

T-Bar and Slope Side likely closest walking distance, there are shuttles from Storm Meadows which while doing standard routes, typically can run you where ever you wish. Last time I used shuttles, will fetch you if not overly busy.

Walk wise I'm sure their's likely a straight path from most any Strom Meadow units so the Gondola area isn't really that far but one can mix/match with shuttle as desired.

We used to hit SB weekend every year, loved it, but places crowd up fast.

whiskaz

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey all! I've lurked around the boards for awhile. East Coast snowboarder. Snowshoe, WV is my "home" mountain (3.5 hours away).

Anyhoo, heading to Steamboat tomorrow for my first trip to CO and only my second trip west (Mammoth last April). It appears I timed it correctly, fingers crossed. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to @Ron for the Unofficial Guide. Much appreciated. I've been taking it all in and trying to have a decent plan of action, especially on Thursday and Friday when I'll be riding solo. Meeting some friends Friday night through Monday.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I went up for a couple of hours, Sorry I missed ya'. Yep, "brisk". :). I'll be up tomorrow AM skiing with Trish and Phil for a couple.

OddTurn

Booting up
Skier
Thank you for showing me places @Bruuuce, it was great to ski with you and K, have a safe trip ! I have a great starting point for Thursday/Friday storm with Twilight, Closets and Shadows (probably not great until they get more snow). First track also got us to hit One O'Clock with a nice layer of soft snow on the groomed run.

For anyone skiing before the new snow I recommend the low incline trees between Pony Express and Longhorn/Chars: soft snow without a hard layer underneath, I think it should still be good tomorrow (but less untracked).

@my07mcx2 and I are planning to meet on Thursday at 11am at the 4points lodge if anyone is interested.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia @Justin Koski and myself will be at Steamboat for a few hours tomorrow when we drive from Winter Park to Park City.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Temps today sent me back down to the city for a more hospitable 18*. It was -6* in Winter Park when I decided I wasn't going to try to ski again today.

In other news, this next storm looks like Steamboat is in the bullseye. This could be the storm of the season. Tons of cold blower pow. Wish I could make it up there.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
we skied a few runs and the light was horrible. the temps were doable, about -4 or 5.

Yes the town is a-buzzzzzzzzz for this storm cycle. I am hoping the temps stay low enough to keep this one light. Liberty origin 112 or Renoun citadel's.......... hmmmmmmm

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
OUT LATEST FROECAST.

This Afternoon
A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -15. West wind around 15 mph.
Tonight
Snow showers, mainly after 8pm. Patchy blowing snow after midnight. Low around 0. Wind chill values as low as -20. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 17. Wind chill values as low as -15. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 3am. Low around 16. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 13 to 19 inches possible.

yep, thats a predicted 21 to 31 inches.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Either is fine. My in-laws just used go alpine and they were great. Communication was great and they were right on time.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
forecast by Gratz have good info concerning near term predictions.

Steamboats homepage this AM notes up to 3 feet into Sunday ... so if one can stay warm ... have fun

Sponsor

Staff online