• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
its a real shit show in the cottonwoods around that time. my least favorite time of the season

Same here in Colorado. BUT, Aspen would be a great choice though. Far enough from the front range and not on Epic pass...

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Since you'll be there a whole week, I'd suggest the Aspen area resorts on the holiday weekend, if there aren't any blackouts on your pass, then hit Copper Thursday and Friday after the holiday. Copper won't be busy then, unless they get a major powder dump, but people won't be able to get there through the tunnel from Denver anyway if there is a storm.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Aspen is black out on 2/16-17. Copper is not.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We have the Ikon base pass, so those are the resorts I’m considering.
Snowbasin is not on there.
Jackson Hole and Big Sky only have 5 days, and no other resorts on the pass nearby. Also more expensive to get to.

If we were to go to Utah, we’d have to deal with the blackout days on the weekend before President’s Monday. We might just visit with friends, and if it dumps, I would buy a tike then for Powder Mountain. The Friday before, Presidents Day itself and the rest of that week we have plenty of resorts to choose from on the Ikon Pass.

In Colorado, it would be skiing Friday-Sunday at Copper, Presidents Day-Friday Aspen, Saturday Copper again.

Aspen is black out on 2/16-17. Copper is not.

IN THAT CASE, I'D GO WITH YOUR LINE-UP ABOVE AND JUST KEEP A PATIENT ATTITUDE ON YOUR COPPER DAYS: In Colorado, it would be skiing Friday-Sunday at Copper, Presidents Day-Friday Aspen, Saturday Copper again

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I like to call it antisocial skiing.
"I'm not antisocial, I'm pro solitude." Small "s". I know nothing about Solitude.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
”Shit show during Presidents’ Day weekend”Same here in Colorado.

Yep, one of the busiest days in the year. But with 2 kids in school, a week off and long travel times, we are locked in, We have been in Winter Park several times for this date and Steamboat last year, and it really wasn’t to bad. I just relax and try and figure out the quit lifts and areas. We also usually do one day of lessons, and those get you a fast line at the lifts, so I pick that for one of the peak days.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We also usually do one day of lessons, and those get you a fast line at the lifts, so I pick that for one of the peak days.

Lesson is a great idea for busy days.

Sponsor