• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Would you attend an on snow instruction academy?

• Yes

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • Yes, I am an Instructor

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 34.2%

• Total voters

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
What skill levels would be appropriate? I'd definitely be interested, but the actual dates are important, and I likely couldn't attend this year.

(Also, the question should say "attend" not "attent")

In the past, levels ranged from near never evers to "go jump off that". How many people remember seeing STu Campbell teaching the beginners on the magic carpet? Does it get better than that?

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Would be very interested in a Western version of this with the same caveat as everyone else, time.

Was always sorry to have missed out on the the ESA clinics.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
So a western version may happen eventually, but the first one has to be in the east for logistics, before we can move out west with this. The coaches we hope to get as our primaries are far more well known than me and Erik.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I voted yes... the catch would be finding a time to do it between the Big Sky and New England Gatherings (looking at my schedule, March would be the only time I'd have time to do it).

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I would definitely be interested in attending one in Mammoth or Tahoe. Like others, I'm on the Ikon pass so I would only attend if it was at an Ikon resort.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would definitely be interested in attending one in Mammoth or Tahoe. Like others, I'm on the Ikon pass so I would only attend if it was at an Ikon resort.
As @Josh Matta said, we'd have to test in the east first because the platform we're looking at is only viable on the east coast at this time. We're hoping that it can/will be expanded west.
I agree, I would love to see this happen at a place like Mammoth.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As @Josh Matta said, we'd have to test in the east first because the platform we're looking at is only viable on the east coast at this time. We're hoping that it can/will be expanded west.
I agree, I would love to see this happen at a place like Mammoth.
That's why I didn't vote in the poll ... but I wanted to "encourage" a Tahoe option that Phil teased!

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Definitely interested. Especially if it's midweek. I'm sure there are plenty of discount Stowe lift ticket deals.:eek: Haven't had a lesson since I took skiing as my gym elective in college in the mid 80's.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking at sending @Sheena for her xmas gift. If these are anything like the old academys they are worth traveling east for. All those who are interested "but only when it comes to my home ski area/where I have a pass/ etc" will be missing out.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd be in if it were in Utah or Wyoming/Idaho. So, I voted yes. I think it's a GREAT idea.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Emphatic yes. Depending on the timing, of course. I am already committed to Big Sky for end of February / beginning of March 2019. If I can find margaritamarcia ‘s login info, I will have her vote as well. My friend Jon is not on this butwent to the ESAs at Stowe and still misses them.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I voted no - because it's planned for the East Coast. And it makes sense for the beta test.

But if it works and you do it again next season, I'd be interested if there was a West Coast option.

Sponsor

Staff online