• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Official Copper Mountain Thread 15/16

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is anyone going to make it to the Master Development Plan open house Tuesday? I can't, unfortunately, but would love to hear about it if any does!

Good afternoon,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying the Holidays with family and friends.

As you may have heard, the Copper Mountain Resort Leadership Team is currently working with the United States Forest Service (USFS) on several projects focusing on Copper’s Summer/Winter Operations. For those of you interested in learning more about Copper’s proposed updates to our USFS Master Development Plan, as well as an overview of the current Environmental Assessment we are proposing, we invite you to our upcoming Open House.

All Copper Mountain Community Members are welcome to attend. The Open House will be held in the Peak Rooms in Mountain Plaza on January 12th from 5:00PM – 6:30PM.

2015 Master Development Plan Addendum Open House for Copper Mountain Community Members

·When: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 5:00PM-6:30PM

·Where: Peak Rooms, 2nd Floor of the Mountain Plaza Building, Center Village

·Directions to the Peak Rooms: As you enter Center Village from Ten Mile Circle, you will see a set of sliding glass doors on your right immediately past Starbucks. Enter the Mountain Plaza Building here and go up the stairs directly in front of you. (If you prefer taking the elevator, please take a right and travel down the hallway and through the sliding glass door. The elevators will be on your left.) Once you reach the top of the stairs, take a left and the doors to the Peak Rooms will be directly in front of you.

I look forward to seeing you at the Open House.

Happy New Year,

GR
Gary Rodgers
President & General Manager

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Is anyone going to make it to the Master Development Plan open house Tuesday? I can't, unfortunately, but would love to hear about it if any does!

Possibly. They sure do have a lot of these things w/o doing much ... Is there supposed to be new info here, or just state of the current plan?

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is there supposed to be new info here, or just state of the current plan?

I don't know, but either would be welcome by me. Seems like Copper has been radio silent for a while.

My last recollection is after the new Storm King and Celeb Ridge lifts went in the Tucker lift was imminent, then the whole PCMR debacle happened and the 12's project was put on hold. They also may have had some USFS details to work out about putting a restroom by the bottom of Mtn Chief and additional summer activities? Not sure.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know, but either would be welcome by me. Seems like Copper has been radio silent for a while.

My last recollection is after the new Storm King and Celeb Ridge lifts went in the Tucker lift was imminent, then the whole PCMR debacle happened and the 12's project was put on hold. They also may have had some USFS details to work out about putting a restroom by the bottom of Mtn Chief and additional summer activities? Not sure.

I should go and launch my idea of a bar with patio at the bottom of Reso. It's always warm and sunny down there, how awesome would it be??

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I should go and launch my idea of a bar with patio at the bottom of Reso. It's always warm and sunny down there, how awesome would it be??
I'm in. :beercheer:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Yes! Or, on the cheap... how about a food (and drink) cat? It would be a ski area version of a food truck. Park them at the bottom of Reso and Copper Bowl on nice days.

Speaking of Reso, any reports if the lift is working any more reliably, or not?

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody want to make some turns tomorrow? I'll be on the mountain maybe 10-1 Sunday. I'm far from 100% so I'll be stopping quite a bit.

Last edited:

Sponsor