• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Official Copper Mountain Thread 15/16

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
I know there are a lot of us out there that frequent Copper. Use this thread to post trip reports and weather updates, as well as to organize meetups. I live in the village so I'm sure you'll see me here often!

11/20/15 - American Flyer opened with one groomed run from top to bottom. Temps were cold with snow and wind blowing from the west. There were some periods of heavy snow on the mountain, but its mostly been on and off for the last 48hrs. There was about an inch of fresh on top of corduroy when the lifts started spinning. No lift lines and very few people on the mountain. Made for a great morning!

I will probably be skiing for a little tomorrow if anyone is around.

TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
11/23 - Super warm day! The sun was shining and the snow was soft. Not exactly the kind of weather I'm looking for this time of year but it made for a fun day at Copper. The holiday crowds are definitely rolling in, but there are plans to open considerably more terrain in the next few days. I expect T-Rex to start spinning by Wednesday or Thursday. The snow is holding up well underneath Excelerator, Eagle, and Flyer, but we could definitely use a little help from Ullr. Hopefully we pick up some snow for Thanksgiving! Let me know if you are planning to ski this week. I'm definitely looking forward to skiing on Thursday!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
11/23 - Super warm day! The sun was shining and the snow was soft. Not exactly the kind of weather I'm looking for this time of year but it made for a fun day at Copper. The holiday crowds are definitely rolling in, but there are plans to open considerably more terrain in the next few days. I expect T-Rex to start spinning by Wednesday or Thursday. The snow is holding up well underneath Excelerator, Eagle, and Flyer, but we could definitely use a little help from Ullr. Hopefully we pick up some snow for Thanksgiving! Let me know if you are planning to ski this week. I'm definitely looking forward to skiing on Thursday!

Husband and I will be skiing Thursday -> Sunday. The plan is for Breck, but Copper's not out of the question ...

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Given current rate of snowfall and base accumulation, what percentage of trails and acreage can be expected to be open by Christmas?

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
The current rate of snowfall is zero........and nothing major predicted so Xmas terrain status is ? If we assume normal snowfall between now and the ~40 inches the. Copper will be in pretty good shape but Spaulding and Copper bowl may not be open.

TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
T Rex is now spinning. Looks like they plan to open quite a bit of terrain in that area in the next couple of days. S Lift will start spinning tomorrow. I saw patrol just above the top of Flyer putting up ropes and signage. Also, for all the park rats out there Copper now has a jump near the shack in Central Park, in addition to the jib park under Eagle.

The mountain is skiing well. With the wind from this current system, the upper parts of the mountain are buffed. Ptarmigan was a mess this morning. I actually watched patrol extract someone who flew off the trail. Main Vein and High Point are pretty comparable in terms of crowds and conditions. I've been sticking mostly to Flyer for the vertical. There are also some really fun undulations throughout the run that add a little character to a relatively flat piste. I'll be out tomorrow if anyone is around. I think I'm going to be skiing park in the morning and then exploring some of the new terrain they are opening after lunch.

TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Where is the best place to take Woodward barn lessons onto the hill and try a 3?

The jump they have right now is pretty perfect for 3s. I haven't tried spinning yet this season. I think the knees can handle it though. Let me know when you want to get out. I've got the ski bug right now and I can't shake it. Skied bell to bell today and didn't take my boots off until 6.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got the ski bug right now and I can't shake it. Skied bell to bell today and didn't take my boots off until 6.
I know a cure. Trust me, I'm a professional. :cool:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It looks like we'll be at Copper Saturday ...

Jason Robertson

Better than a 35 mph stick through the liver!
Skier
Hey Dean, great ski yesterday. My goats are gonna be ok, they're being fixed now. Do you have any of the pictures from Friday?

TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
It looks like we'll be at Copper Saturday ...

I'm in the village but probably not skiing. Give me a shout if you want to link up and grab a drink or something!

I skied yesterday, Black Friday. Linked up with Jason and his son and skied most of the day. Some really nice turns on Timber Ridge off S Lift. The skiing under T Rex was also really nice. Main Vein and High Point are starting to get pretty dicey with slick conditions and bozos as far as the eye can see. I'll be sticking to Sierra and Timberline until they open some more terrain.

A Basin tomorrow or Monday if anyone cares to join. Oh and I snapped a couple great pics from the top of S Lift that show what the top of the mountain is looking like. I'll post them in a few!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm in the village but probably not skiing. Give me a shout if you want to link up and grab a drink or something!

Doh! Missed your post. We lapped Copperopolis 1 million times trying to get me to get the feeling of edging and "slow line fast." Also took a couple of those bump runs. Back in Breck now. There will be another chance!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
image.jpeg

Yesterday was really cold. Stayed mostly to Timberline for wind protection. The snow was relatively wind buffed for being down lower - one of those bracing cold days that get you feeling alive. I thought Copperfield and Soliloquy were both fun for being ungroomed and a mess of terrain features in good snow.

Didn't ride S. Didn't seem worth the chill.

Sponsor