• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering, March 23rd to 26th

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have enough 40 percent off to cover basically everyone and I some freebies as well. I’ll collect as many as possible prior to the gathering

I really like this post.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, what they said. Discounts are good. One half day at work and I'm ready to ski again.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have enough 40 percent off to cover basically everyone and I some freebies as well. I’ll collect as many as possible prior to the gathering

Any help with Sugarbush tickets - anyeone?

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
One half day at work and I'm ready to ski again.

Hear! Hear! ...I'm already plotting my next escape....I'll wait before submitting my request for a week off in April though. Don't want to startle anyone just yet.

As for the New England Gathering, I may be able to convince Peter to drive me there, after he's seen how happy the Gathering has made me. BUT, I promised him I would try to get a ride on here first....

So, anyone driving up from the NYC Metro area have any room in their car? Me: one pair of skis and one boot bag. I can ride a train to meet at locations outside of the city, as I know what an extreme PITA it is to drive in the city....So far, I've only booked the Friday, March 23rd off, but can tweak the schedule pretty easily....

And if I do make it up, I am totally down for a discount Stowe ticket @Josh Matta . Thanks a lot!

Lastly, anyone thinking of Mad River Glen? I'm intrigued and I feel like I should go if we're already in the area.

k

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
As per @Pumba 's comment regarding Mad River Glen... Given this week's weather (i.e., snow -- lots of it), I'm beginning to think MRG is a viable option and I'm still up for moving Friday from Sugarbush South to MRG (or from Stowe on Monday). I'd rather not split the Gathering, although people are obviously free to ski wherever they want. If there's sufficient interest in MRG...

So, comment away people! If people have already bought advance tix for Sugarbush I obviously don't want to undo sunk costs.

Note because of the single, I don't want to be at MRG on a weekend.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like Sugarbush wants $95 for a ticket that weekend

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just saw this -

At Sugarbush, 20 or more people qualify as a group and receive special discounts on tickets. Additionally, groups can receive special rates on lodging, meal plans, equipment rentals, ski/snowboard lessons and more. Group tickets must be reserved and purchased in advance.

For more information, to purchase tickets or learn more about special group lodging rates, please call 802-583-6370 or fill out our Group Sales Contact Us Form.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I mean I want to go to MRG, but I simply do not have the knowledge that I do at stowe. The weather looks to be game on for any natural snow terrain we want to ski at stowe with 1-3 inches of snow forecasted nearly everyday till the gathering. With that said south facing got baked pretty bad today.....which make me worried for MRG exposures unless we are talking corn.

BTW I have at least 3 freebies left, PM me. I am trying to get as many possible. I hate how people hold on to them only to not use them end of the year. The first people to PM get them, if you late youll go on stand by till I find more. The deal is you might have to walk up the hill twice at Stowe because I avoid Mansfield base like plague. I also have about 15 40 percent off. Basically anyone who wants a discount get it.

BTW ordering Stowe tickets ahead of time is 94 dollars(A whole one dollar cheaper than Sugarbush!!) My 40 percent off vouchers are based on the day rate takes it down to 78.60 but you have to wait that day in ticket window I highly recommend getting there earlish if your using a voucher.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Maybe MRG thursday?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I know MRG well enough to not get people lost.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
You guys might want to bring the fat skis. Yesterday Stowe was serving up snow ranging from knee to waist deep. Now the TV news is claiming we got another 30" overnight, I'm skeptical on that but would have been happy to see another foot on top of what we had yesterday. Of course we've had at least three avies in the last three days.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
we are still 10 days off. I think mid fats will be call but I hope I wrong.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
You guys might want to bring the fat skis. Yesterday Stowe was serving up snow ranging from knee to waist deep. Now the TV news is claiming we got another 30" overnight, I'm skeptical on that but would have been happy to see another foot on top of what we had yesterday. Of course we've had at least three avies in the last three days.

we are still 10 days off. I think mid fats will be call but I hope I wrong.

I'm hearing rumors of more Naweastuh's coming next week... :yahoo::drool::crossfingers:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As per @Pumba 's comment regarding Mad River Glen... Given this week's weather (i.e., snow -- lots of it), I'm beginning to think MRG is a viable option and I'm still up for moving Friday from Sugarbush South to MRG (or from Stowe on Monday). I'd rather not split the Gathering, although people are obviously free to ski wherever they want. If there's sufficient interest in MRG...

So, comment away people! If people have already bought advance tix for Sugarbush I obviously don't want to undo sunk costs.

Note because of the single, I don't want to be at MRG on a weekend.

Look what I found -- the 2013 Epicski NE Gathering Mad River Glen day. 0:39 is the waterfall on Paradise. (I missed it because I had to go back to the cafeteria for my wallet that run:doh:). I've skied it other years, though not lately.

I have the Mountain Collective with one day left at Sugarbush, but I support Friday at MRG.
(If you buy online now, they have 5 tickets left at $49. Normal price is something like $84.)

Sponsor

Staff online