• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering, March 23rd to 26th

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Look what I found -- the 2013 Epicski NE Gathering Mad River Glen day. 0:39 is the waterfall on Paradise.

Please tell me we ski better than that now. (TGR could have a field day.) Maybe it's just the incongruity between the obnoxious soundtrack and the serial snowplow at the beginning that makes me cringe a little.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Skip the first 30 seconds -- you will feel better.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have 2 free days left at SB, but I'd gladly sacrifice SB North for MRG. (But not SB South.) I realize Mt. Ellen is more convenient for parking, but the terrain at South is so much better. Castlerock, woods off Paradise, Paradise, yada, yada.

I know enough of MRG to get people in a lot of trouble - all in the woods. I'm sure @Josh Matta and @epic know it a lot better.

I don't know it well enough to not get people into trouble. But that is the fun of skiing Northern VT.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Please tell me we ski better than that now. (TGR could have a field day.) Maybe it's just the incongruity between the obnoxious soundtrack and the serial snowplow at the beginning that makes me cringe a little.

Everyone in that video skis much better today then they did then... even Vince looked mortal.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
For anyone that knows my skiing at all, and keeping in mind that I've never skied any trees, would MRG be worthwhile for me?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
P.S. You will find something to like.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That was shot on Mike's helmet cam. Here's another video with mellower music from that same weekend. I may have some of the names wrong in the list at the beginning (I know James J should be Jim K.) I know Scott and Vince and Kevin and Marcus and Mike and Jim and Kevin were present for the MRG Paradise run. The MRG day starts around 2:05.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Gawd damn my alignment was awful back then the rock at 1:29 is gone right now, so much snow that its been dissapeared.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
On second thought, I may not have been there. That was probably my knee surgery year so . I was thinking of a different year -- when we did one day at Middlebury Snow Bowl.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For anyone that knows my skiing at all, and keeping in mind that I've never skied any trees, would MRG be worthwhile for me?
You can handle it Dave. There are less hairy trails and pretty hairy trails and the conditions will be outstanding. Just don't follow that John L character around and you'll be fine.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On second thought, I may not have been there. That was probably my knee surgery year so . I was thinking of a different year -- when we did one day at Middlebury Snow Bowl.

Yep. That year we skied right by the Paradise waterfall jump without even noticing it until we passed it. Probably similar this year with all the freaking snow. I remember on the last day of that gathering Danny (cometjoe) and I were skiing the microburst blowdown sections off the side of Goat and they were completely covered.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
maybe get the skills to ski anything...... I mean I am just saying, it really is never to late.

Are we MRG on thursday?

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
maybe get the skills to ski anything...... I mean I am just saying, it really is never to late.

Are we MRG on thursday?

I don’t think you’ll have many takers for Thursday since most people’s travel plans are set.

I’ve sent PM’s to the various Friday attendees about moving from Sugarbush to MRG.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you skied Castlerock? Middle Earth and Castlerock trails? (I think I have the names correct.)

I haven't... that whole area was closed when I was at Sugarbush earlier this year. We did ski Ripcord, but it had been groomed (where it wasn't ice) sometime in the previous few days.

If that was directed at me, I'm working on it! :) I was an occasional-wedge-z-turner two seasons ago, and have progressed to some easy blacks out west. Seems like progress, but I'm still not up for everything, like real trees. (If I could do some easy trees to start learning, that would be awesome.)

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Come to stowe we actually have easy trees

Sponsor