• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How many pairs of skis are you doing and how often? There's still a lot of season left with cold temps and hard wax................ogsmile

I have 2 pairs I ski regularly and a third pair that I doubt I'll wax more than twice this season. I'm touching up the edges and waxing after 3 days of use for either pair.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey guys. Next weekend I'm heading up to the NE Gathering and the weather may involve rain. I was wondering what wax people use for temps in the 30's and rain.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Hey guys. Next weekend I'm heading up to the NE Gathering and the weather may involve rain. I was wondering what wax people use for temps in the 30's and rain.

Here you go.
First this video.
Then this for super duper over the previous. Here it is video

You can always use a harder grade of a HF wax for the mix as well. in the first video.

Jacques

Skier
I got the new 7 degree plate for the Side of The BEAST Pro for sidewall planing.
Wow, it's much nicer to use than the smaller Plane BEAST.
Maybe I'll do a little video piece showing both tools pretty soon.

If you don't already have a Side of The BEAST Pro, you can get the whole deal for sidewall planing.
New : https://the-raceplace.com/collections/edge-tools/products/side-of-beast-sidewall-planar
Old, (now called Pocket Planer) : https://the-raceplace.com/collections/edge-tools/products/plane-beast-ski-side-wall-planer

James

Out There
Instructor
I got the new 7 degree plate for the Side of The BEAST Pro for sidewall planing.
Wow, it's much nicer to use than the smaller Plane BEAST.
Maybe I'll do a little video piece showing both tools pretty soon.

If you don't already have a Side of The BEAST Pro, you can get the whole deal for sidewall planing.
New : https://the-raceplace.com/collections/edge-tools/products/side-of-beast-sidewall-planar
Old, (now called Pocket Planer) : https://the-raceplace.com/collections/edge-tools/products/plane-beast-ski-side-wall-planer
I will have to get one. Never was thrilled with that so called pocket planer.

Jacques

Skier
I will have to get one. Never was thrilled with that so called pocket planer.

I liked mine better after they gave me a stainless plate to add to it, but the 7 plate in the Pro is so sweet. Way more stable and way harder to get any chatter going. That said the old Plane BEAST worked fine, but hey......better is better!
With so many skis today being part sandwich and part cap, the 7 degree plane with a panzar is the way to go. It's works every time with no need to adjust anything like those fancy planers with either a round or square blade!
Main thing is to be sure the file section is not gotten dull. Sections are cheap. I replace mine often.

Jacques

Skier
Is that possible? :huh:

Always great to see your videos.

I think I can do tomorrow. I will be doing work in the shop and taking a skiing break due to weather. Thanks.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can't ski and who knows if we'll be skiing next season so of course I'm looking at buying some roto brushes. :doh:

I've searched here and know most of the usual suspects. Swix, Sidecut, Toko/Red Creek, Racewax, SVST, Spin, etc. Given the pricing for each it seems like the Racewax kit at $119 is too good to be true. Does anyone who has/had it want to chime in with what they think of it? How about the Sidecut or SVST? Any that I'm missing that someone could recommend?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January