• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
If you're going on a ski trip, I'd lean towards staying in Park City over SLC if fiscally possible. While SLC has more restaurants etc, it adds the complexity of driving to/from the ski hill in the morning
Not if they are really experts, in which case they will want to be skiing mostly at Alta/Snowbird. Staying in Park City doubles the commute time to the Cottonwood Canyons.
Skiers who have never been out west are rarely experts. Where do you ski and what types of runs there do you like? It's hard to know if you are getting good recommendations without that detail...
Answers to these questions would be helpful. Eastern skiers with extensive race training and Vermont powder woodchucks usually adapt to western steeps, powder and off-piste quickly. But if "expert" just means you handle black designated trails comfortably, you will have a much more gradual learning curve on big western mountains.

Last edited:

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
We also have a direct flight from Charlotte.
I just saw this. I'd say the odds against extensive race training or Vermont tree skiing experience are high. Park City is likely to offer more than adequate challenge, so if the attractions of being in a ski town are important, you should probably go for that.
But if "expert" just means you handle black designated trails comfortably
And needless to say, black in the Southeast is not in the class with black at say, Whiteface, Stowe or Mad River.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online