• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I so wish I was there. Had to do more adulting today. Normally I'm all about say F that ski now but it had to do with my unemployment funds that are on hold and my new job that starts on 4/29 so these were pressing things. Michael has to go to Austin on Tuesday so I plan to head to southern Vermont right after I droop him off at the airport. Wednesday looks like a beautiful ski day.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We found tons of untouched lines everywhere. We were first through Powerline on the North Ridge.

View attachment 71509
I thought the Northridge Triple was closed for replacement with the new quad. You hiked?

You do know you're killing me sitting in my office here in Delaware...

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We found tons of untouched lines everywhere. We were first through Powerline on the North Ridge.

View attachment 71509

We must of been right behind you. We did powerline and there were only a few tracks in there. The Light was nice. LowRider was marginal.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Looks like Killington is down to runs off the superstar quad. Having skied there on good Friday I wasn't anticipating much beside that to be open. Skiing the snowdon area was filled with fun navigational challenges. Good thing my standards are low ha ha . Time to tailgate. Snow report said they did patch repair and moved snow around,etc. We'll be there Saturday.

Last edited:
TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Spring pass holders got six weeks of skiing most of the mountain. It's all the Superstar chair now. Superstar, Ovation and Skyehawk Headwalls are skiing nice. Hiked up to the canyon to get in a Downdraft run. We hiked up to the peak then took the final run of the season on Catwalk. Creamy turns on Outer Limits put you need to provide own ride back to Superstar.

IMG_5502.jpg IMG_5488.jpg IMG_5506.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
How are the surrounding superstar trails, aka where I ski aka every other trail but superstar and sky hawk. Coming up tomorrow.
Upper Bittersweet will be a challenge for groomers and my be closed by Saturday. Upper Skyelark to Lower Bittersweet will be groomed as your go to run. Middle Ovation is open but you need to ski Lower Superstar. Lower Ovation was good Thursday Afternoon but may not survive the rain of Friday. Middle Superstar to High Road to Lower Bittersweet is your stretch goal for Saturday. Taking off the rain day so we will assess the mountain first thing Saturday.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I've never been on middle superstar before. That's a good goal. Do I cut over after I go down upper skylark? I didn't know there was another bail out before lower superstar. Learn something new every day. I also love lower skylark. You'll get there waaaaaay before we do Saturday. I look forward to your report :). Headed to the specialty beer store today
:beercheer:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Upper Bittersweet will be a challenge for groomers and my be closed by Saturday. Upper Skyelark to Lower Bittersweet will be groomed as your go to run. Middle Ovation is open but you need to ski Lower Superstar. Lower Ovation was good Thursday Afternoon but may not survive the rain of Friday. Middle Superstar to High Road to Lower Bittersweet is your stretch goal for Saturday. Taking off the rain day so we will assess the mountain first thing Saturday.

I've never been on middle superstar before. That's a good goal. Do I cut over after I go down upper skylark? I didn't know there was another bail out before lower superstar. Learn something new every day. I also love lower skylark. You'll get there waaaaaay before we do Saturday. I look forward to your report :). Headed to the specialty beer store today

You got this SSG! I dubbed this path Ellen's Tour after my daughter that is not up to skiing steep black runs. We ride SS lift and take Nivis Walk to Launch Pad to Middle SS to High Road to Lower Bittersweet. I tricked her into skiing Middle SS without her realizing it was a black diamond since the width of the run seems to disguise the steepness. Even after several Tours, she would ski Middle SS knowing it was a black diamond, but not Lower Skyelark.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
You got this SSG! I dubbed this path Ellen's Tour after my daughter that is not up to skiing steep black runs. We ride SS lift and take Nivis Walk to Launch Pad to Middle SS to High Road to Lower Bittersweet. I tricked her into skiing Middle SS without her realizing it was a black diamond since the width of the run seems to disguise the steepness. Even after several Tours, she would ski Middle SS knowing it was a black diamond, but not Lower Skyelark.

Thank you for the encouragement. I like that name Ellen's Tour. I've never been down Nivis Walk to Launch pad to Middle SS. I usually either cut over the top of the lip of superstar or go behind it and take the cat track past sky hawk and then take upper sky lark down and then any of those lower runs suit my fancy. I'm especially fond of lower skylark. I just discovered low road 2 weeks ago. It's funny I often need to be tricked to get on a black. @Guy in Shorts is pretty good with that. He has a way of getting me on runs and I'm all wait how did this happen. One time last season his friend Mike and my Mike blocked the sign for lower cascade so that I couldn't see it because otherwise I'd freak.

I'm pretty excited to try Middle SS. I have been down highline before and a few of the blacks on the east side of bromley but I have this huge mind f*ck with SS. The middle section seems like a good place to start. I think I will try Ellen's Tour tomorrow :)

Last edited:
TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
How was today?
Fresh wet snow falling at first chair. Solid 3 inches of new coverage hid all the problem spots. Better outcome for the mountain compared to the rain disaster of the previous Saturday. Killington Triathlon of Run, Bike and Ski had a winter feel for all the competitors. Cleared up for the afternoon hours with the temps below freezing by the time the lifts closed at 5.

Only pic I took was waiting for first chair.

IMG_5536.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online