• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With respect to Sportstube - is it really the case that it only takes skis up to 183cm? Are there any other hard cases out there that carry 3 pairs of skis? (Or, generally, good 3-ski options).
Not really. Even though some of these will be marketed as a 3 pair hard case, youcannot fit three with bindings and even if you did, each pair will be about 15-18 lb, the case is about 17 lb, so you are well over the 50lb weight limit that airlines allow.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not really. Even though some of these will be marketed as a 3 pair hard case, youcannot fit three with bindings and even if you did, each pair will be about 15-18 lb, the case is about 17 lb, so you are well over the 50lb weight limit that airlines allow.
They will fit longer than 183cm skis though. My Sporttube fits my 184cm skis with several holes to spare for longer skis. (Of course, not all 184cm skis are actually the same length.)

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
With respect to Sportstube - is it really the case that it only takes skis up to 183cm? Are there any other hard cases out there that carry 3 pairs of skis? (Or, generally, good 3-ski options).

Sportube cases can extend to fit skis that are over 200cm. You are correct about the three series only being able to fit up to 183cm

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
My daughters get all the good purchases (multiply the below by 2) ...
Sync race suits (clearance)
Sync parkas (for race team, new this year so no hand-me-downs)
Stockli Laser SL 150 (clearance)
GS skis (to be bought, looking for deals!)
Poles (to be bought)
Plus miscellaneous goods like gloves, base layers etc.​

Me, I get nada this year.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
My daughters get all the good purchases (multiply the below by 2) ...
Sync race suits (clearance)
Sync parkas (for race team, new this year so no hand-me-downs)
Stockli Laser SL 150 (clearance)
GS skis (to be bought, looking for deals!)
Poles (to be bought)
Plus miscellaneous goods like gloves, base layers etc.​

Me, I get nada this year.

You are a good Dad!!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Scored a deal on some Hestra Army leather expedition mittens, which i hope will finally keep my hands warm in January.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Yes! 2020 season means great buys on 2019 gear :D

I picked up a pair of Rossi E88HD's and paired them up (from shop inventory) with LOOK PX15 Racing bindings. Naturally did a tune/wax on the skis... :)

IMG_2539.JPG

Last edited:

Hawk45

Beginner Clydesdale
Skier
I have been eyeing a second set of skis, but my still beginner self with only about 10 times on my existing is really fighting to keep away from deal-itus. I did already purchase my local hills 2019-2020 season pass. 85 degrees and rain today, so will be some time before it gets use.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I received my Kulkea today and I have to say this thing is absolutely huge. I know they say it's for one pair of skis but I pretty easily test fit two pairs with plenty of room left for other gear and my helmet fits in multiple places with room to spare. It even got a proper inspection.:roflmao:
IMG_0404.jpg

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I start in April

Santa Ana 93s
Enforcer Free 115s
Pivot 12s
Attack 16 GW
4 different replacement lenses for Oakley goggles
Close to pulling the trigger on Shift’s and the Thermal Trekker

Wish list
QST106 or Moment Commander 108

20’ QST106-Bought today

Thermal Trekker in Red last week
Replacement LEKI Trigger S straps (sucks to buy what I lost)
Santa Ana 93s
Enforcer Free 115s
Pivot 12s
Attack 16 GW
4 different replacement lenses for Oakley goggles

Last edited:

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
3330690F-A8AD-4514-91AA-7D84DF2B2056.jpeg

Dalbello Panterra 120s in lime green. The cabriolet boot is easy to put on and take off.

They are GREEN. On the good side if I ever end up head first in a snowbank ski patrol will be able to find me.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Two small ones:
Look SPX 12’s 90 wide and a Hey Look At My Brand New Bright Red Rossignol,ofcourse, boot bag.
Now for the big one , I bought my new Experience 84’s in the longest length 184 and there isn’t a turn I can’t make on them ,,,,,,before 1:00 pm, but after that I’m lazy and tired and I start losing the front end sooooo you guessed it I’m going to get the 176 and of course hide my purchase through a friend,,,,,I’m not stupid.
Good thing my wife doesn’t know how to get on Pugski.
I’m sooooo smart.

shaneynice

Carving fiend
Skier
I'm 6'1 190 and choosing between the 180 & 187 in the same ski... any thoughts? Can't find any reviews of the 82 yet.

Sponsor