• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SO that means the Annual "Finn's Closet Clean out" is coming soon :thumb:
Only really relevant if you gained a bunch of weight, because I didn't lose any. :( Great deals for others.

Reactions: Ron

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
SO that means the Annual "Finn's Closet Clean out" is coming soon :thumb:
Please try to make sure you have sizes S and M, m’kay? ‘Cause if I’m going to acquire some well-curated 2nd hand clothing, I’d kinda like it to fit.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, got the tears in my jacket and pants repaired. We are planning a trip to Reno to get some bootfitting done. The Salomon s/Force Bold is appealing, but feels like too much overlap with my almost new Titans. Otherwise I am still buying shizz for the track car.

Reactions: Ron

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Got myself the same ski in 88 mm - looking forward to try them out

Caveat, I have not tried the new current Brahma 88's.
However, I liked the old ones from about 6 years ago. Compared to my old 180cm Brahma's, the 186cm Enforcer 88's I currently use are more versatile, have a larger sweet spot, are more tolerant of minor errors, are better in bumps, as well as soft snow. While the Enforcer 88's don't have quite as high a top end as the Brahma, both tend to be quite adequate for most resort use.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Skis delivered on Friday. Thank you SkiEssentials.

Bindings installed Saturday. Binding choice was easy. All the shops said 70 mm brakes would be hard to get, but I already had some Solly brakes that fit the Z12. Plus it was on sale for $139.95.

153 cm, center mounted. Will put a 2° base bevel on them.

My first ski purchase since 2008. Who else has gone that long?
new skis.JPG

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
New boots. Will find out what they are on Friday.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yep, just bought a new randonnée rope, 30 meters.

In case there are rappels into a couloir, and hopefully not out of.

We are in the French Pyrenees for a year and the are a few opportunities to use it. My old one was 12 years old.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Selling some stuff this year, but not buying anything. Heresy? I blame the fact that I haven't seen @Ron all summer to infect me with new ideas.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I decided to take advantage of the Kulkea sale and bought a Katanja ski bag. I figure it should pay for itself in saved baggage fees with one round trip flight. I’m still looking for a deal on a good pair of waterproof shell pants.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I decided to take advantage of the Kulkea sale and bought a Katanja ski bag. I figure it should pay for itself in saved baggage fees with one round trip flight. I’m still looking for a deal on a good pair of waterproof shell pants.
How's a new ski bag going to save on baggage fees?

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
How's a new ski bag going to save on baggage fees?
Last season I used a plastic ski tube that only fit my skis and poles so I ended up having to check another bag. I should be able to fit what I need for a week between the Kulkea and my carry on.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Last season I used a plastic ski tube that only fit my skis and poles so I ended up having to check another bag. I should be able to fit what I need for a week between the Kulkea and my carry on.

Just keep in mind that airlines technically consider a ski bag and boot bag one item only of there is no other clothing etc. in the bags. Most let this slide, and I've never been questioned, but I've had friends have to unpack from their boot bags at the check-in counter. Life is full of risk...ogsmile

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just keep in mind that airlines technically consider a ski bag and boot bag one item only of there is no other clothing etc. in the bags. Most let this slide, and I've never been questioned, but I've had friends have to unpack from their boot bags at the check-in counter. Life is full of risk...ogsmile

That has been my general experience as well. Sport tube and a @KULKEA Boot Trekker do the job nicely. I still take my boots out and carry those on though.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I usually fly jet blue or delta. They both seem fairly lenient from what I’ve seen.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Alaska and Delta both seem to care more about the weight limit per bag than what’s in it.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Selling some stuff this year, but not buying anything. Heresy? I blame the fact that I haven't seen @Ron all summer to infect me with new ideas.

its been interesting.... I do have gear for sale... jackets, pants and "stuff".

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
we're headed out of town but I'll put everything up in a week or so.

so far:

Stio Environ Shell
Patagonia Untracked Jacket and Pants
OR jacket
flylow pants
arc teryx puffy
Other stuff, need to go through everything.

Last edited:

Newc

Booting up
Skier
With respect to Sportstube - is it really the case that it only takes skis up to 183cm? Are there any other hard cases out there that carry 3 pairs of skis? (Or, generally, good 3-ski options).

Sponsor