• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Let’s see, Epic Pass and Ikon Pass.

Aero crossbars for new Subie Forester so I can use my roof box.
Just curious. Had a 2012 outback. the side rales had an allen head bolt that you undid and a section swung out across to the other side where you ran the bolts back in. Cross bars installed. Did Subaru do away with this?

Last edited by a moderator:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just curious. Had a 2012 outback. the side rales had an allen head bolt that you undid and a section swung out across to the other side where you ran the bolts back in. Cross bars installed. Did Subaru do away with this?

I know what you’re talking about, didn’t see it on any the of the 2019’s when I was shopping in January.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Tis the seasons to be shopping and shop we did.

My eldest daughter (almost 14) got a pair of Nordica Santa Anna 100s and Head Nexo Lyt 100 Ski Boots
My middle daughter (12) got a pair of Head Kore 87 Jr skis and Technica Cochise W 95 boots
My son (9) got a pair of Head Kore 87 Jr skis and Technica Inferno 90 JR boots
I picked up a pair of Lange Sx130 boots an Acr'Teryx Macai ski jacket (insulated) and an Outdoor Research Hemisphere ski Jacket (not insulated)
Still hunting for two pairs of skis Stockli SR 95 for me and Stockli SR W 85 for my wife.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've started looking at new touring boots. So far the Technica Zero G Tour Pro looks like the best imperfect fit, but we're going to try on a couple of other models when they arrive.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tis the seasons to be shopping and shop we did.

My eldest daughter (almost 14) got a pair of Nordica Santa Anna 100s and Head Nexo Lyt 100 Ski Boots
My middle daughter (12) got a pair of Head Kore 87 Jr skis and Technica Cochise W 95 boots
My son (9) got a pair of Head Kore 87 Jr skis and Technica Inferno 90 JR boots
I picked up a pair of Lange Sx130 boots an Acr'Teryx Macai ski jacket (insulated) and an Outdoor Research Hemisphere ski Jacket (not insulated)
Still hunting for two pairs of skis Stockli SR 95 for me and Stockli SR W 85 for my wife.

I think you just spent my gear budget through 2027.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
New Ski Journal (an important piece of yearly gear) and new skis.

Now I just need a new ankle.

IMG_6844.jpg

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Ok , this will be long list :D
-My youngest son (Just turn 10) Got Head Worldcup iSL Junior Race Skis , Fisher RC4 60 Boots, GIRO Hamlet, Columbia Ski pants and Jacket
-My oldest son (Almost 12) Got Volkl Junior Racetiger Skis SL13 ,Fisher RC4 60 Boots, Columbia Ski pants and Jacket
-My wife Got Rossignol Grade Insulated Ski Jacket Rosewood color( she is not to much in skiing so did not want new skis , I was going to buy it but she said Not Need, her skis looks like new after 2 seasons.
-Now me , New Fisher The CURV GT ,Elan GSX Race Skis, Fundango Escape Ski Jacket (Yellow) , Nothface freedome Pants(Blue ), Columbia Ridge 2 Run(Yellow)

And all of us got Epic Local pass.

We are Ready for :daffy::daffy::daffy::daffy:

Last edited:

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I think you just spent my gear budget through 2027.
equipping a family of 5 each seasons is not a task for the faint of heart. Luckily I have been able to find some reasonable deals on most of our gear and have been able to sell most of the gear my kids outgrow. I've also tried to convince my kids to wear their ski boots 24/7 to stop their feet from growing, but they informed that would be frowned upon in today's society ... they also told me my dad jokes were not funny at which point I told them I was spending their allowance for the next year on ski gear which my wife thought was pretty funny :)

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ordered in May from local rep.

Head 165cm FIS SL
Head 188cm FIS 30m GS
Head Raptor R3 RD

First time I have splurged on all new gear in one go... and all from the same maker. Really excited to be back on Head. Tried other makers for the past couple years but have found myself looking back at the Head skis time and time again. It feels good to consolidate to a small quiver again.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I like your choice!

I hope you mean the BCs and not that ankle :).

Too good of a deal to pass up. I'm eventually going to make a 80/20 (inbounds/touring) setup of them as a travel ski. I'm sure a pair of discount Shifts will show up at some point. Despite their stiffness and bit of metal, they weight <2100g each. Not light, but....tourable. And give up absolutely nothing on the down.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I hope you mean the BCs and not that ankle :).

Too good of a deal to pass up. I'm eventually going to make a 80/20 (inbounds/touring) setup of them as a travel ski. I'm sure a pair of discount Shifts will show up at some point. Despite their stiffness and bit of metal, they weight <2100g each. Not light, but....tourable. And give up absolutely nothing on the down.

I demoed them and loved them. I actually prefer the older graphics as well. The new ones are meh.