• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
in my case, there's something wrong with my ligaments/tendons cartilage. Seriously, no joking. stuff breaks and tears very easily. I played a lot of soccer and then biking and skiing which caused the issues. I have only broken a few bones, Everything else was tissue related.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This thread reminds me of Lethal Weapon where Russo and Gibson compare scars

Magi

Instructor
Instructor
I will soon have a really nice bruise on my hip! I'm sure everyone would like to see it? :huh:

When I first saw your post, I originally thought that was your butt with I'm not sure who posing next to it, and thought "My, Ron's keeping himself in good shape".

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Damn. ... I failed in my civic duty to record such sadistic images when my body was more bruised than not from intestinal ruptures: nipples to knees, bilateral. Oh and all of the groins.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Lol. Its just a bruise. Everyone likes to see a good bruise now and then because in general theyre harmless. I had to send the adductor pic to a dr since i was out of state skiing when that happened and the wrist pic i sent to my wife who wasnt in steamboat. In the clinic following hip surgeries (philippon does 12-15 per week) each class kind of celebrates the onset of their hip bruise. Its pretty funny. As @Kneale Brownson said though , in our cases (just speaking of us) a bruise is simply the surface, theres a lot more going on

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I added another butt bruise this week, but, since my last butt bruise pic was deleted by mods, I wont be posting this one....
your welcome

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
We could start a scar thread? with arthroscopic surgery, I dont really have many :)

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
^^^ its all in the presentation :).
Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 7.17.45 AM.png

better ?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Monique fell on top of her skis while skiing powder at Big Sky and ended up with a bruise the size of a pietin on her hip.

What, me? I probably did, but the funny thing is I have had so many nasty bruises that I can't even remember that one ...

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
What, me? I probably did, but the funny thing is I have had so many nasty bruises that I can't even remember that one ...

My wife's name is Monique. She used to do Epic, but has not been a PugSki member.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess this is the place to post this, though it's more than just bruising... my toe when they took the cast off, about a week after dropping a scuba tank on it and shattering the bone. They stitched the nail on to prevent the bone from being exposed.

ToeProb_small.jpg

And the X-Ray from the Dominican hospital that did the work...

Toe_XRay_small.jpg

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I dropped a scuba single on the top of an arch, probably almost 65 years ago. May be the reason that foot has a bunch of arthritis now. :(

Sponsor

Staff online