• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hindu Goddess.jpg

Reactions: Ron

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Two jugs of baby oil? check
Flowers? check
Full disclosure consent form? check
Spear? Sword? Sickle? LET ME OUTTA HERE!

Reactions: mdf

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
This classic, I click on this thread and get a Tommy John Underwear ad. Well played sir, well played

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Mack Weldon ads are showing for me. Apparently, it is “underwear like no other.” I remain skeptical.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Anecdote somewhat related to the original topic.

Most mornings, before the lifts are turning, we tow up to the summit like water skiers , behind a snow sled.
One particularly COLD morning, I felt a numbing cold in the region below the belt. Yup! I had neglected to zip up.
Have you ever tried removing one glove and zipping up a trouser zipper when hanging on to a tow rope while being blasted by -10 degree ice spray thrown up from the sled tracks. All this while going about 30mph in semi darkness I might add!
Some lessons really stick!

eta

I know, some will say "Pics or it didn't happen" , Well, NO! ;-)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So I received my Saxx Subzero pairs yesterday. I'm impressed with the build quality, the waistband elastic width, and the material used. They have a windscreen material patch that perfectly covers your "junk". They're not as thick/insulating as my Cloudveils, but I think they will work fairly well. I'll give a pair their first trial run tomorrow.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So I received my Saxx Subzero pairs yesterday. I'm impressed with the build quality, the waistband elastic width, and the material used. They have a windscreen material patch that perfectly covers your "junk". They're not as thick/insulating as my Cloudveils, but I think they will work fairly well. I'll give a pair their first trial run tomorrow.

My assessment: :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great fit, stays put, breathes well, plenty warm (but it was a warm day on the mountain). My junk was appreciative. ;)

Too bad that Saxx has discontinued the Subzero. We'll have to wait for Ron to report back on the Thermoflyte model.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
My sub zeros (I keep thinking of Running man) will arrive this week but i’m In Florida right now so either would be overkill.

Will test hem out. @Noodler we need to ski together and compare notes on the snow. :(

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great. I google Saxx underwear and check them out. Now I have ads of Saxx as well as male models and their junk popping up on all the sites I'm visiting.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
My sub zeros (I keep thinking of Running man) will arrive this week but i’m In Florida right now so either would be overkill.

Will test hem out. @Noodler we need to ski together and compare notes on the snow. :(

Hopefully it is only comparing notes and not swapping gear for a comparison test:nono:

Happy Thanksgiving! I have been visiting my mother in Naples this week.

Jnelly

Booting up
Skier
I usually concentrate more on wicking will equal warmth..lets face it, snow pants are stifling bc they are usually water-proof-resistant thus nowhere for sweat to really go and then you get the "thaw and refreeze" cycle on the boys, for lack of a better description...

Last four years Ive been wearing Duluth Trading Co. Buck Naked Long boxer briefs...they are really light and a MUCH looser weave and UA or other workout centric underwear...(those damn things are swamp crotch guarantees). They work awesome to wick to your base layer...
Ive actually found that even that added thin layers only adds bulk and more sweat to get the arctic blast going and Ive simply gone commando then base layer...lighter, still wicking and all around great outcome...

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Hopefully it is only comparing notes and not swapping gear for a comparison test:nono:

Happy Thanksgiving! I have been visiting my mother in Naples this week.

Hey @Jwrags I’m over in Pensacola.

Yuuuuuuck, swapping sweaty underwear. I know I don’t sweat but.........

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
I've used Icebreaker merino underwear for skiing and hiking the past couple of years after getting cold butt cheeks for a while before that (never had cold tackle though!). Great wicking properties, warm, bloody comfortable... and the greatest merino trait - they don't smell even after a few days hiking :)

Not sure if they are warm enough for some of the NA temp's, guess that depends on junk sensitivity

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
“Junk sensitivity.” That should be a 6th fundamental in the PSIA system.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

Yep, I won't need to pack the Saxx for my golf trip to Tampa; going for a couple weeks over Christmas (at least I hope not, although there have been a few trips where it actually was cold there over Christmas).

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
The USPS has lost my Subzero's as well as a shipment of coffee..... :( Hopefully, another pair will go out. Thankfully, Barrington Coffee is sending another order of their amazing coffee via FEDEX.

Sponsor

Staff online