• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The USPS has lost my Subzero's as well as a shipment of coffee..... :( Hopefully, another pair will go out. Thankfully, Barrington Coffee is sending another order of their amazing coffee via FEDEX.

That sucks. Good ol' dependable USPS. I decided I like the Subzero's enough to order two more pairs.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
So I did finally received the Saxx "subzero' and the Thermoflyte. I wore the subzero;s on a 5* AM. although not really cold, the extra warmth was nice on the chairs and my junk stayed warm, And, I even remembered to zipper my fly. :). I wore them under the Arc Teryx Axinos and was plenty warm. No need to wear a second long layer. They really are super comfortable and fit snuggly, the legs stay in place and don't ride up. although I like to support the home team (Smartwool) I have to say these are worth the $.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I also wore my Saxx Subzeros over the Sun-Tues frigid stretch while skiing A-Basin in some subzero weather. I'm still very happy with my purchase. They are long for me (down to my knees) and I like that. As Ron stated, they don't ride up at all and the extra wide waistband is comfortable and doesn't roll. Thanks @Ron for turning me on to these!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
for those still watching this.... between the Thermoflyte's and the Subzero's I prefer the Thermoflytes. They have a bit more of fleece feel and are still warm but wick very well. Like @Noodler pointed out, the waist band is very comfortable.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
for those still watching this.... between the Thermoflyte's and the Subzero's I prefer the Thermoflytes. They have a bit more of fleece feel and are still warm but wick very well. Like @Noodler pointed out, the waist band is very comfortable.

Do u have link for these?....interested in trying these out.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
My junk seems OK, but I've noticed as I get older (now almost 59 years old chronologically, still 18 mentally, 99 mileage/accumulated injury-wise) I tend to get cold more easily. My metabolism is slowing down.

During the last year or so I've gotten electric boot heaters, and much better high-tech clothing, which seems to help.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have a pair of polar fleece shorts my Mom found somewhere that I wear over my long underwear when it is cold. I ski in shell pants and never have cold issues when wearing my regular long underwear and the shorts.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
oh, forgo to post up that a couple of weeks back while skiing in single digits with honkin' winds and puking snow (I love those days!) I did find that my zipper was down at one point :)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
the thermo's can be bought on Amazon or a number of different stores. Of the two, I much prefer the thermo's now.

Of course the Thermoflyte's are also much more expensive currently. I've got a price tracker on them, but I'm not expecting them to drop until the end of the season (if they do at all).