• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Looking for a underwear for cold blower days with a longer cut and a windproof section for "the boys".

Anyone use the Smartwool PHD Wind blocker, Terramar Wind boxer or the Duluth traders alaskan hardgear boxer? Other suggestions? I will wear these as a base layer.

mcpowell

I want to be good
Skier
Never had a problem with “the boys” being cold. But your post made me laugh.

I do have Smartwool base layers, I don’t remember the specifics of the name. They are very comfortable.

Don’t forget to zip the fly on your pants, otherwise it will still be drafty on the boys.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Switch from boxers to briefs? Or just skip that layer all together and get yourself some long underwear. Does it actually ever get cold in Colorado? Always seems like a nice spring day when we are there compared to the local weather

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
LOL, I like a boxer as a base layer with a full-length layer on top. Yes, skiing in 20-30 mph winds in 10 degrees or lower can get chilly.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
I struggle with my upper half but never have an issue with my lower half getting cold. On coldest days I layer as follows:
Hmmm, seem's to me your issue with the upper half is obvious. You have lots of layers mentioned on your lower half that is no issue, yet nothing but skin that extends to the upper half. I'd recommend extending the same layering on your upper half.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I wear exercise pants or shorts down to around 12 degrees depending on the wind, then switch to hot chilies when it's frigid.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Under armour 4.0 bottom layer cut to capri length is warm enough for me under my speed suit when it is -20F. For normal days I wear cw-x stabilyx capris under the suit. For free ski days don't really need to wear anything under my Spyder coach bibs as they are crazy warm and wind proof. Can't imagine anything more miserable than boxers as a base layer. Pretty much guarantees that you can wear anything that fits properly over the top of them.

10 degrees - LOL. That is shorts weather

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Saxx has their ThermoFlyte base layers. I have a pair of these and will use them under my base layers on the coldest of days. Besides keeping the biys warm, they keep the but warm riding a cold lift.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Saxx has their ThermoFlyte base layers. I have a pair of these and will use them under my base layers on the coldest of days. Besides keeping the biys warm, they keep the but warm riding a cold lift.

A man who understands.... :thumb:

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
UA Coldgear Compression keeps mind snug and warm.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
On the really cold days, either skiing or sitting in a duck blind, Under Armor or similar boxer briefs, some light to mid weight longies, then fleece. Cover with ski pants or waders. I ALWAYS make sure the tops are tucked into the bottoms as I can't stand the gap.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Looking for a underwear for cold blower days with a longer cut and a windproof section for "the boys".

Anyone use the Smartwool PHD Wind blocker, Terramar Wind boxer or the Duluth traders alaskan hardgear boxer? Other suggestions? I will wear these as a base layer.

I'm more of a Brynje guy.

There is totally a visual here. Of guys hopping about with hotfoot ...err hotsix ... errr... just skipping about like mad, mmmkay?