• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I just purchased a couple pairs of the Saxx Subzero boxers too. They look like they may be the closest thing to the real deal Cloudveil boxers.

Also, I found these. I had forgotten about the Craft wind blocking underwear (although these are pricey). I have a set stuck somewhere in my house.

Craft also has the "Brisk Boxer" which is more targeted at alpine skiing.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Looking for a underwear for cold blower days with a longer cut and a windproof section for "the boys".

Anyone use the Smartwool PHD Wind blocker, Terramar Wind boxer or the Duluth traders alaskan hardgear boxer? Other suggestions? I will wear these as a base layer.

Mu junk is always hot unless I forget and leave the fly open. :roflmao:

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Wow. That thread was certainly informative and entertaining. But @Lorenzzo, I’m not sure I want electrical wires that near my junk:eek:

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You all wear way more layers than I do at warmer temps. #alaskaborn

Anyways, down to about -25f I wear a pair of Virus stay warm 3/4 length compression pants, a pair of athletic shorts, and my Patagonia patrol uniform shell snowpants.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
of course if you are wearing a speed suit and you use too many base layers under it to keep the boys warm, the already extremely difficult task of the mandatory pre-race pee becomes virtually impossible...:eek:
I thought it was a pre race beer and a post race pee?

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Personally, I prefer Depends as it kills two birds with one stone. Now you know why I'm smiling at you from across the gondola. Relief.

Hee hee.

Wasn't gonna go back thru all 90 posts, but I wear a pair of Puma breathable exercise boxer-briefs that have a windproof panel. I'm sure they're not made any more - when I found them I bought 4 pairs a few years ago. They're tight fitting, so I wear merino long johns over them and under ski pants. They are breathable, so any yucky sweat gets transferred to the merino, also breathable...my "cold spots" have always been neck/face -- seems like unless I go full jihadi balaclava (which I hate) thre's always some air that sneaks in

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Funny that there are 94 posts on this thread. It's almost like we think junk is pretty important...;)

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
my Saxx Thermolytes arrived yesterday. Very nice, a heavier, dense fleece-like fabric. will try them out once we get some cold temps.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I guess it is better than the danger of cold ones falling from the chair....:eek:

Sounds like it would be prudent NOT to ski under the lift at Steamboat.

Sponsor

Staff online