• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bada Bings are special! Had several last night in a naked old fashioned (no sugar, no muddling, no water).

Here's to another magical third week of November - BA sez .... possibly maybe

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah, nothing says "I drink what I like and don't give a damn what the bartender with the James Harden beard, waxed mustache, manbun, and tight t-shirt says" like a Manhattan.
Hmm... I would think that a bartender with a James Harden beard, waxed mustache, manbun, and tight t-shirt would be drinking Manhattans. I think of them as "hipster trendy" over the last few years... though maybe that's faded now.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Hmm... I would think that a bartender with a James Harden beard, waxed mustache, manbun, and tight t-shirt would be drinking Manhattans. I think of them as "hipster trendy" over the last few years... though maybe that's faded now.
haha, could be. I think of them as a Don Draper drink, but maybe they are so uncool they are cool again?

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2019/11/10/north-american-winter-outlook-2019-20/

My final North American winter outlook is now available.
https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2019/11/10/north-american-winter-outlook-2019-20/
Unfortunately California is set to have a largely below average season, per my forecast. It won’t be absolutely abysmal though, with potentially improving conditions later in the season. This is owing to the current base-state that has not been pleasant to California in recent months. Might have to be a case of needing patience for snowfall.

Nothing worthy of note in the medium term either, sorry.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Cheryl and I were planning on coming up to Tahoe for Thanksgiving, but it's not looking good. *sigh* … :huh:

Joshuawjc

Getting on the lift
Skier

My final North American winter outlook is now available.
Unfortunately California is set to have a largely below average season, per my forecast. It won’t be absolutely abysmal though, with potentially improving conditions later in the season. This is owing to the current base-state that has not been pleasant to California in recent months. Might have to be a case of needing patience for snowfall.

Nothing worthy of note in the medium term either, sorry.

Still wondering if the track record of these long-term forecasts is any better than astrology, divination, haruspex, or the Magic 8 Ball...

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Still wondering if the track record of these long-term forecasts is any better than astrology, divination, haruspex, or the Magic 8 Ball...
Somewhat better. I got California right last year IIRC.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Cheryl and I were planning on coming up to Tahoe for Thanksgiving, but it's not looking good. *sigh* … :huh:
Tahoe ski season has been shifting to later and later dates. Almost no one has been coming to Tahoe on Thanksgiving to ski for years now. If you are there for another reason and can ski, its' a nice bonus, but even then snow is super unreliable, limited, and definitely not destination-worthy... Our lease starts after Thanksgiving, and I used to be used about it, not I almost wish it started later and finished later.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Our lease starts on Nov 29 through Apr 28 - so we'll be up there that weekend. It's also weird because Thanksgiving is "late" this year. The lease is normally Dec 1-Apr 30, but I actually requested moving it up so we didn't have to take off work and so we could do a leisurely drive up the Friday after Thanksgiving and not rush and so we could unpack into the house while it's daylight.

I don't imagine we'll do much skiing - maybe an hour or two on a WROD somewhere. But we don't have Rose passes, so we'll have to see what the other mountains have.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Squaw/Alpine opening this Friday.
Kangaroo at Alpine was expected... but I just noticed that Squaw is only opening First Venture. I somehow remember Gold Coast during past seasons at Thanksgiving. Mt.Rose is definitely a better option with this WROD season opener.

Last year Squaw and Alpine opened with the same runs that they are this year.
@Andy Mink and I hit Alpine, Squaw and Mt Rose the same day.
See post with pics here.
https://www.pugski.com/threads/2019...tions-meetups-thread.15986/page-7#post-400202

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online