• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm, the shape of the K2s and the shape of the Renoun...I see a trend in the picture angles here...

James

Out There
Instructor
Mantras aren't blue, silly.
I know, orange. Maybe the Mantrette? Aka Secret? But it's too long and the binding is in the 313 area code. (Detroit)
Volkl hardly has a history of being consistent with anything called a Mantra.
A Mantra's perogative- the right to change your shape and character at anytime.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Sure, Kendo's are blue, what the heck is a weird pale green???

0114191541a_HDR.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Ok, Volkl's been at those Skittles again. And having the M&M argument. (Brown is winning) But.... more importantly, they went to the Conference at Chernobyl. Nordica was there too. They decided that since we can all die anytime, thay'd rather not remember 200 product names. Others were just getting old and agreed because they couldn't remember last years products.

Long story short- Volkl has decided the Mantra name will be used on more than one width ski. That green one is the Mantra 102!
Look for the Mantra water ski next year...

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Another 88 for me to try! Yahoo! Bonus is K2 comes in my happy length-163.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
The Mindbenders really rip, the 108 makes me really, really happy. Lot's of power up front but an easy to release tail. K2 got these pretty dialed.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Mindbenders really rip, the 108 makes me really, really happy. Lot's of power up front but an easy to release tail. K2 got these pretty dialed.

Not sure if you are familiar with the Rustlers, but how would the 108 compare to the Blizzard Rustler 10/11 if you know.

Also, have you had them in crud/powder? Thanks.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Not sure if you are familiar with the Rustlers, but how would the 108 compare to the Blizzard Rustler 10/11 if you know.

Also, have you had them in crud/powder? Thanks.

The K2 is more powerful in the forebody, similar in the tail- with a K2 feel vs a Blizzard feel. Yes I have skied them in powder and crud. They rip, exactly what I want in a ski like this. Precise and strong entering a turn with the ability to smear the tails when I want to.

Sponsor

Staff online