• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
WAY more important than stupid skis:

https://sneakernews.com/2019/01/14/nike-adapt-bb-basketball-shoe-release-date/

You can tie your shoes with your phone. Like Marty McFly

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25731539/jayson-tatum-nike-making-lacing-thing-with-hyperadapt-bb

Jayson Tatum will be the first NBA player to not tie his shoes tomorrow night, with the HyperAdapt BB. I can't believe you guys aren't more excited about this life-changing technology!!! Most people don't care about skis, almost everyone has feet.

LWSkier

Booting up
Skier
I skied the K2 Proto Experimental which I assume is the 99ti or some variant. Really great ski, I am normally not a fan of K2 product but that's a great ski. Night and day more powerful than the Nordica Enforcer. The 116 I bet would make a really great PNW pow ski.

If I had a crystal ball in to 20/21 I think a lot of brands are going to (thankfully) stop being so focused on the backcountry thing and make skis with metal and some weight again. Probably longer radius and less rocker as well. I'm glad, I hate the trend of all these really light skis with huge amounts of tip rocker and very tight radius.

Speaking of which, in 19/20, the Dynastar Pro Rider 105 will be available at retail as a race room produced special ski.

There's a new boot from Lange coming, social media embargo ends tomorrow. It's really cool. I will post a pic once I can. I'm normally a TGR guy but I think the TGR maggot hoard is more about whatever shiny new ski is from ON3P or Praxis than a rippin' boot. I think the pug crowd will like this boot...

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The K2 is more powerful in the forebody, similar in the tail- with a K2 feel vs a Blizzard feel. Yes I have skied them in powder and crud. They rip, exactly what I want in a ski like this. Precise and strong entering a turn with the ability to smear the tails when I want to.
Mike, how did you find the length. Seems short. Even more so the 99.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am not sure if it is 2019-2020 news but there is something really awesome coming tomorrow. Stay tuned. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

LWSkier

Booting up
Skier
I am not sure if it is 2019-2020 news but there is something really awesome coming tomorrow. Stay tuned. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
if it's anything related to thing I just got, I think people are going to be really excited about it. ogsmile

The real question is, what thread is the most appropriate for a pic?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
if it's anything related to thing I just got, I think people are going to be really excited about it. ogsmile

The real question is, what thread is the most appropriate for a pic?
[nothing to see here] Release is ready to go. It will be its own thread. [/nothing to see here]

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But wait..there's more...
49820757_2142513969138691_6709035866095878144_n.jpg

K2's Mindbender boot. Yes, that is a hike mode in the back. Please note, the clever release in the power strap for hiking.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Such a tease ! I quite liked my K2 Spine 110 that I had for couple seasons

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
921450_400w_1000h.png

Is this for real?

Yes.
Probably. There have been rumors about Atomic doing that for a long time. Bummer that it looks pretty low performance (even for a rear entry).

These are the corner stone of the Savor collection. It is designed to make the sport easier for entry level skiers to advance. There is obviously a rear entry boot collection starting with well under 100 flex to a 110 with air. The skis will range from a rental collection to a mid performance model. The tops has a griper section (in front of the binding) that makes it easier to carry. I had the boot on but it was a pre production liner so I cannot report back on how it will actually fit. They are looking at a product that will make it the easiest for a never ever or someone to get back into the sport to make it easier. Honestly, this is not the rear entry boot I would have hoped would come to market but I can see where Atomic is going with it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Dynastar Menace collection
d9G%0z02SlKRup82YxWvFw.jpg

Pivot 18 Gripwalk
PRZEoDQiSKKkWgWpV0PuSQ.jpg

Sponsor