• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-
Does that asymmetrical toe only work with tech bindings?
The current Hoji "sharknose" toe only works with pin-tech bindings and will not work with frame bindings or the Salomon Shift - also has trouble with Fritschi tecton/evo and vipec https://www.wildsnow.com/25175/dynafit-hoji-boot-tecton-evo-vipec-fritschi/
https://www.wildsnow.com/25582/fritschi-evo-tecton-toe-change-2018/#more-25582
ASPOR.jpg

The 2019/2020 Hoji Free will be MNC (Multi-Norm-Compatible) and work with frame bindings, Salomon Shift and other MNC bindings as well as more traditional lightweight "Pin-Tech" bndings.
43762260_1957647280967925_4006840230991626240_n.jpg

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
The 2019/2020 Hoji Free will be MNC (Multi-Norm-Compatible) and work with frame bindings, Salomon Shift and other MNC bindings as well as more traditional lightweight "Pin-Tech" bndings.
Now that's good news. I was already thinking everyone are moving into this stupid are of cutting normal bindings away. I already hated my TLT6 for having some stupid cutoff nose and heel, but then I saw Dynafit went all the way in pin bindings only boots and others were starting to follow. Not really nice thing, when you know you do NOT want pin bindingns on your pow skis, yet you still want those skis for touring. But either way, I just heard Atomic guys delivered my new boots to friend who is coming from Gardena and Innichen World cup tomorrow, so I don't need to worry about this for another year or two :D But for after that, this Hoji Free looks super nice, as I really like Dynafit boots either for work or for touring... even if they are not free like other boots that I can get are.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fingers crossed they bring back the Vulcan last!
:huh: IDK, it sounds different. To summarize Hoji Blister interview, '19/'20 Hoji Free new moulds for the lower shell, cuff more rigid, boot will be ~ 20% stiffer then Pro Tour. Revised last, Pro Tour designed for comfort / generous last (too voluminous for me). Free less volume for more of an Alpine last boot without losing Pro Tour walkability. 50g-100g heavier then PT. 1mm to 1.5mm less forefoot width. Toe box height same but 3mm lower under toe buckle area. Heel pocket tuned in and reduced heel width by 1mm.
:crossfingers:

I haven't been having the best luck finding an AT Boot with the fit, performance and weight I'm looking for and am stuck between waiting it out, difficult to do if a good snow year in the North East, also a gamble, or finding (settling) for something else.
:facepalm:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Blizzard is expanding their Flipcore line.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gotta keep up with Nordica's Enforcer line!
Actually this one doesn't compete with the Enforcer...and really the Enforcer 88 is to go after the Brahma. But we will see the return of the narrower flip core..in the low 80's to replace the Latigo that was discontinured.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Kore Women’s version in the Kore 99. Says dimensions on the ski-131-97-118, 15.1 R in the 171cm.

Unboxing video.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
care to divulge the sizing breaks?
Either 163/170/177/184 or 159/166/173/180 I would guess the latter because there will be a Black Pearl 82 also and going smaller is more important than going above 180.

Marcel

Booting up
Skier
Either 163/170/177/184 or 159/166/173/180 I would guess the latter because there will be a Black Pearl 82 also and going smaller is more important than going above 180.

replacing the 78, any changes to 88/98? I'm about to buy my wife some new skis to replace her old samba and would hate to miss something new coming since I'm already paying full price for 19's at this point...

the idea was bp 88 / sheeva 10 quiver, now that might change!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
replacing the 78, any changes to 88/98? I'm about to buy my wife some new skis to replace her old samba and would hate to miss something new coming since I'm already paying full price for 19's at this point...

the idea was bp 88 / sheeva 10 quiver, now that might change!
I doubt we will see a change to them...this coming year.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Expect an expanded range from Kästle. In a recent interview Clemens Tinzl one of their new directors said that they were going to double the size of their range, many of the new skis will probably be nordic skis. They are advertising for an assistant product manager to cover alpine and nordic https://www.kaestle.com/fileadmin/u...hreibungen/Assistenz_im_Produktmanagement.pdf
Yes, they are expanding into nordic...and will be releasing a womens specific collection.

Sponsor

Staff online