• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2019-2020 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
im not sure if we get the 3' we can have enough to open. my guess is all of the ridge and pony will close for avi mitigation.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I fully anticipate CDOT dropping the ball as usual. Trying to come up with a game plan that will work for me over the next 3 days.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I fully anticipate CDOT dropping the ball as usual. Trying to come up with a game plan that will work for me over the next 3 days.

CDOT has no chance with the unchained CMV and 2WD that will make a run at it - there are no possible conditions that stop these people.

If I can go, I am leaving at 4:30 and doing my morning work there.

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not sure how I70, Berthoud Pass, etc will stay open tomorrow morning. With all that snow, I’m expecting hours long closures, avalanche mitigation, and accidents everywhere.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Well I went to mount my Fischers and found out that the bindings I bought from Phil last Spring aren't the demo version I thought I was buying (they're plain Attack2 13 GW). Trying to decide what to do.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Well I went to mount my Fischers and found out that the bindings I bought from Phil last Spring aren't the demo version I thought I was buying (they're plain Attack2 13 GW). Trying to decide what to do.

Use the next ski down you have ready to go.

I know you like to experiment with mount points (you also use different boots) so you wont be happy just mounting the 115's on the line.

Next week should be even deeper so have those 115's ready.

Looks like storm skiing now at treeline and above with wind affected pow anyway. Should be VERY deep in the lower elevations though.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Use the next ski down you have ready to go.

I know you like to experiment with mount points (you also use different boots) so you wont be happy just mounting the 115's on the line.

Next week should be even deeper so have those 115's ready.

Looks like storm skiing now at treeline and above with wind affected pow anyway. Should be VERY deep in the lower elevations though.

I think I've convinced myself (with Phil's thoughts too) to mount these bindings as planned since they have a much lower stand height than the demo version. I don't like being high off the ski when it's a big powder ski. I'll just have to come up with a mount point and live with it!

Jtlange

Getting off the lift
Skier
Got through the tunnel around 4 today after leaving Denver at 1245. I'm normally unaffected by snowy driving, but that was as slippery as I've ever seen I70 from the tunnel to Silverthorne. That drive tomorrow morning is not something people should take lightly.
I went sideways multiple timea at less than 5mph today.

Reactions: nay

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
I-70 is a disaster

took us 4 hours to get from Georgetown to the tunnel. Left Georgetown and it was clear roads. Traffic stopped. Snow piled up. And the roads looked more like a ski slope than interstate.

Just before and after the tunnel was theworst. Cars off the road, cars spinning out.

worst of all most of the dispabled vehicles were Jeeps, Land Rover, or trucks. This was not issues with sedans for the most part.

Tires matter most!!

Blizzaks and AWD with reasonable speeds and we never had traction issues

Attachments

• 908A6F70-6FC2-43D8-B197-07669870B1AF.jpeg
    908A6F70-6FC2-43D8-B197-07669870B1AF.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 16

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
I think DOT is going to keep tunnel closed, plow and mitigate. It may not open very early.
Thankfully we made it through, and should have fun skiing Keystone tomorrow

guyfromscene24

Booting up
Skier
Left Copper today at 2 pm, got home in Golden at 8 pm! That includes a two hour closure, and then another two hours from Silverthorne to the Tunnel. Many cars, suvs, trucks, etc, sliding on sheer ice at 1 mph. One car driving back west on right shoulder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online