• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I see some nice temps coming down Friday night. Some natural stuff and good snowmaking temps would make for an excellent long weekend. Looking forward to 3 days of skiiing. Cooking and watching football on Turkey day then skiing Friday through Sunday.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sunday was the day to ski. The snow was actually great. Snow cone like. Much nicer than Sat.
Of course, being New England, the great snow was caused by rain.

IMG_6752.JPG
Saturday near 4pm at Okemo, everyone's gone. Ascutney in the background. Sat was quite firm. In the afternoon, lots of slide and slam into sugar piles.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Sunday was the day to ski. The snow was actually great. Snow cone like. Much nicer than Sat.
Of course, being New England, the great snow was caused by rain.

Same at Bretton Woods on Sunday. Good phrase - snow cone snow. And the gentle rain that poked all those holes in the snow only made little sounds on the goggles.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yesterday at Stowe was CHOP city. I think they tilled a little to deep. Liftline was good and at least the chop was somewhat sun softened.

Supposed to be warmer and sunny today, maybe some corn?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Snowflakes were so big they hurt your face (zoom in).

20191124_143204.jpg

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Has anyone skied at Cranmore yet and any insight on how the snow is holding up at Wildcat? Been lots of rain in So. NH this week & its pouring outside again tonight. Weather map looks spotty mix of rain/snow up north. Just purchased tickets online for Wildcat Friday and Cranmore Sat so I'm committed regardless of trail conditions....and I'm totally pumped to kick off my 19/20 season!

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
The freezing fog was aweful today. Couldn’t keep my goggles from glazing over. Did 1/2 dozen runs and went home for more turkey.

Also need to get my canting checked & I have a weird pressure point inside my ankle now.

Last edited:
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Fun day at Bromley today. Pretty good conditions for about half the day. Then it got rather sketchy and icy but the skis did their thing and just kept digging in. No kicking out, no chatter. This is why I put 1:3 tunes on all our skis under 90 underfoot. That cider at the bar tasted fantastic. Last full free ski was today. Tomorrow and Sunday I train with the Bromley ski school. Great day, love my head Rallys. 20191129_135913.jpg 20191129_135910.jpg 20191129_121852.jpg 20191129_135859.jpg 20191129_135856.jpg .

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Okemo was mobbed today. I wonder how Mt Snow was. I'd rather they be the Epic pass portal.

There was some decent snow. Not a good day for a timid low intermediate if you venture up. Ice to sugar snow with tons of traffic. I'd wait or try a quiter place.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Bretton Woods was busy Friday. Lots of lessons, lots of kids' privates. Lots and lots. Even bigger crowds expected Saturday with some sunshine to liven things up. In other words, our terrain got crowded. I don't use the lodge, so I don't know if it was standing room only.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Went to Sunday River for 3 ski days last weekend. This is a somewhat belated report. SR was fairly crowed all 3 days (Sat, Sun, Mon) due to hosting ski race camps for about a dozen teams. They were only sking off the Barker quad and triple. Southridge ran the lower quad and had one trail open. Conditions were good, although only about 4-5 top to bottom runs. They got all snow on sunday and Monday had really nice packed powder everywhere that held up all day long.

Once more terrain is open, mtn should be skiing really well. They had a fire a month ago and lost about 40% of their snowmaking capacity. They are back to 100% now, but need mother nature to cooperate with some cold weather. I heard they got more snow this week, so other than limited number of trails, things should be pretty good.

I am not going up this weekend (missing demo day today) but Spruce was opened with one trail and running the chondala as a second lift out of southridge.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sugarloaf got a good dollop of natural snow last Sunday night. Midweek another storm came through and, unlike most other New England areas, the Loaf was just above the rain/ snow line. So things are shaping up nicely for this early in the season. Pics are from yesterday.

Unfortunately it looks like this Monday's storm is going to go south of us. Looks like southern VT will get hammered.

20191129_120451-01-01.jpeg 20191129_151459-01.jpeg 20191129_151433-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Watching Women's GS from K right now. Not ready for 16 degree weather. Maybe I should move to Florida and give up this skiing thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor