• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
@Erik Timmerman , did you take a Bruce lap? As I was leaving I saw a bunch of people waiting with skis in hand at the Matterhorn bus stop. It might have been a long wait.

How long did it take you to get home?

I was tryning to text you, but my phone didn't start working again until I got to Morrisville. Just too damn many people in Stowe today. Didn't do the Bruce lap, just bailed and made it home by 6. It was all jammed up and then suddenly it was like someone popped the cork out of the bottle and the traffic was just gone.

Nice. Nose Dive woods? Who are you chasing? Josh ? or Kevin?

First clip is Josh chasing me in Amigos, 2nd is me chasing him in Nosedive Woods.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Supposed to be very cold today, Saturday. I wonder if that soft fresh snow from yesterday will be marble.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here;s a bit of chase-cam from yesterday.

@Erik Timmerman , others need to take a cue from you on how to aim the POV cam. Great clip. (Typically I can't even watch because I can't see the horizon - it's like I'm starting at my shoes.)

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Erik Timmerman , others need to take a cue from you on how to aim the POV cam. Great clip. (Typically I can't even watch because I can't see the horizon - it's like I'm starting at my shoes.)

A good example of someone who skis with their head and eyes up, looking down the hill. We can all take a hint from that as an element of good skiing imo. Erik just happens to be shooting video as he goes.

ps. (not to mention this is pretty important in the trees!)

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
My son and I skied Ragged Mountain yesterday - my favorite day trip from Boston Metrowest.
Good: The snow was great and the place was almost empty.
Bad: It was sleeting the whole time and visibility was terrible.
We took 8 runs with a short break to melt/clean-off the sleet frozen to our goggles.
Then we went in for lunch, and since our gear had semi-dried and the weather hadn't changed, decided to head home rather than go back out for a few more runs.
So not an optimal day for skiing, but still better than pretty much anything else we could have been doing!

VaughnK

Booting up
Skier
What's the drive up to Ragged usually like in terms of time?

I tend to go up to Cannon or WV because they're not much farther on paper than Ragged or Gunstock given the relatively short off high way driving and the fact that once you are north of Concord, you can go 80 pretty much.

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
For me, Ragged and Gunstock are both 2 hours and 20 minutes.
WVV is about 2:30, and Cannon is about 2:40.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ragged was lovely today. Less crowded than anticipated, and great conditions for carving. Or in my case, what passes for carving.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for Saturday.

Apparently everyone in Vermont heard that some snow fell yesterday. Mountain Road was getting backed up at 7:00am and it was sunny (I.e., no traction worries on Harlow Hill)

I hiked the hill to the quad at 7:25 (they start loading at 7:30) and the line was backing up halfway to the double chair. Had a pretty good first run down Hayride; one side was nice wind buff (no bottom!) and one side was pretty scratchy.

Met up with @LKLA and we took a few laps.Lookout, National, Tres Amigos were highlights. The obvious lines off the quad were getting beat by lunchtime so we migrated to Sensation on the Spruce side. Main Street race hill had some really nice snow.

Took a last run down Chin Clip in flat light. Kind of interesting but I managed some end-of-the-day Braille skiing.

Lines were long but they weren’t awful... 10,12 minute waits or so. Glade runs were freaking crowded, more so than the trails it seemed.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Good news - got this clip @ Stratton

Bad news - they groomed the hell out of everything else & again failed to run the gondola this morning..... again:nono:

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Unfortunately I will not be there until Monday but a condition update would be great on Saturday night or Sunday. Thanks

Killington was fun today. About 4" of dense fresh snow, so a bit less than we hoped but, but still nice.

We hit a bunch of blue and black groomers with names I can't remember. Outer Limits looked soft from the lift (spoiler: it was not soft except where they were blowing snow) and seemed like a good idea. First we overshot it and ended up on Devil's Fiddle. Big dinner plate sized crusty chunks that slid down the hill with you. Similar conditions on Outer Limits, but without the boulders and built in brakes from the moguls. Headed out to Snowdon/Ramshead towards the end of the day where the bumps and glades were in great shape. Should have gone over there earlier. Will probably continue to ski great over the next couple of days if the weather holds.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We had a great day at Sugarbush today. Tons of great snow and almost every run was in good shape. We hit some of the woods and glades but not sure which ones. We started off at Mt. Ellen and never made it over to the other side as the skiing was too good. I got a text from Ski3PO but never managed to meet up. Originally we planned to go to Magic tomorrow, but conditions will be sketchy with the rain before the little bit of snow they got, so we'll be going to Pico instead. Pico is a super fun place with good snow and there should be good snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online