• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sugarbush was also good at Lincoln peak today. Although I’m no longer adjusted to the cold. It was definitely busy. We’re at Killington tomorrow.

79842366-15D0-434C-B70A-C10D25AD6400.jpeg 01F156CF-C69A-45E6-A6D7-604271F75B6B.jpeg EB81489F-9327-4AE2-A60C-D4790AB08810.jpeg BD49C39D-C7CA-4996-802D-FB9FF925888B.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Killington was fun today. About 4" of dense fresh snow, so a bit less than we hoped but, but still nice.

We hit a bunch of blue and black groomers with names I can't remember. Outer Limits looked soft from the lift (spoiler: it was not soft except where they were blowing snow) and seemed like a good idea. First we overshot it and ended up on Devil's Fiddle. Big dinner plate sized crusty chunks that slid down the hill with you. Similar conditions on Outer Limits, but without the boulders and built in brakes from the moguls. Headed out to Snowdon/Ramshead towards the end of the day where the bumps and glades were in great shape. Should have gone over there earlier. Will probably continue to ski great over the next couple of days if the weather holds.
Thanks, good ski report. I will be at Killington on Monday, if anyone is around look for the old guy with the solid yellow jacket. I will be skiing with my daughter. But she likes to quit early and I will have time for a meet up.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Middlebury Snow Bowl skied very well today. They didn't open yesterday, so ... fresh tracks all morning. Bailey chair open. Longest lift line today = 2 chairs. Completely intolerable.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Looking like Bromley tomorrow if anyone is around.

Uncle-A

Skier
Sitting in the bar at the base of Killington, going to ski tomorrow if anyone is around. Look for the old guy with the solid yellow jacket.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pico was fun today after we found good snow. Summit glades was an icy mess and that is usually our go to. Birch glades and poma glades were in very good shape. We tried all of the trails in the outback area and none of them were worth repeating. There was good snow along the sides of most trails, though it was a far cry from Sugarbush on Saturday. There were some food and beer/ liquor samples in the lodge all day.

Edited to say that needless to say there were no lines at Pico today.:)

Last edited:

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
At Killington, the good was pretty good, but the bad was very bad.

Good = Superstar, Lower Ovation (after it finally opened) under the guns
Bad = Outer Limits, Upper Wildfire

Uncle-A

Skier

Thanks for the update, I will be at Killington today. Will post something tonight.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Outerlimits was pretty rough. The weird crust on Devil's Fiddle was a lot easier because it wasn't bumped up. We skied with some locals who know their way around so skied lots of good woods. I like the medium density trees in the glades. It was crunchy in the woods but not the type of crunch that throws you off balance. Superstar and random blue trails were great and a nice break for the legs

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone plan to be in Stowe over President's Day Weekend?

Uncle-A

Skier
Outerlimits was pretty rough. The weird crust on Devil's Fiddle was a lot easier because it wasn't bumped up. We skied with some locals who know their way around so skied lots of good woods. I like the medium density trees in the glades. It was crunchy in the woods but not the type of crunch that throws you off balance. Superstar and random blue trails were great and a nice break for the legs
I am staying on the blues all day in the lodge at k1 and not feeling my best right now, going to get some fluid in me and maybe a little food. More later. :)

Uncle-A

Skier
I am staying on the blues all day in the lodge at k1 and not feeling my best right now, going to get some fluid in me and maybe a little food. More later. :)
I was out voted, my daughter and my wife wanted lunch at the top of the mountain. I was trying to find @Guy in Shorts in the parking lot for a meet up and maybe a few runs. Thanks for trying maybe another time.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier

Some strange surfaces at Killington yesterday. Underneath Skyship on Needles Eye was like a crust that just felt weird (like walking on thin ice or something flimsy) and scary to ski on, then on Stitch Time there were bumps but there were also these harder clumps of snow which would kind of catch the ski as one came through the trough. Made life a little difficult for me. OTOH Cascade which I expected to be a sheet (especially late in the day when we hit it) was pretty nice.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
at Stratton today, about six inches of thick pasty snow that covered all the ice. good coverage in the trees. it was a fun surface to play around with. Lots of soft bumps forming here and there . the lower elevation snow was much thicker and difficult to deal with , such as in the Sun Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online