• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It’s been a beautiful week of skiing. That’s why it’s gonna rain this weekend.

Yep-same down here. After a week of cold snowmaking temps our local hills have finally most runs open. Now it will be a big downturn with the rain.

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Skied Gunstock (Guilford, NH) yesterday for the 1st time in a number of years:

Pros:
Nice weather in the 30's.
Great views of lakes Winnisquam and Winnipesaukee from the top.
Pretty good snow, albeit mostly man made.
I'm 71 now, and my lift ticket was ... wait for it ... FREE! (Everywhere else makes you wait until you turn 80 for free lift tickets.)

Cons:
A bit crowded for a weekday.
One of the dumbest base area/lift layouts I've ever encountered - You have to climb uphill from the two base lodges to the bottom of any lift; you cannot get from the bottom of one lift to another without walking and/or climbing.

As I'd remembered, the best and least crowded terrain was off the Tiger Triple, but Tiger Steeps (about 200 yards of seriously steep pitch) was freshly groomed but closed - until the weekend, I guess.

Anyway, we did have a fine day, and the price was sure right!

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Think I'll try Crotched next Friday.
It's only 2 hours away from me.
I haven't been there since the 60's!
I was at Crotched for the first time last weekend, I posted my review under Pugski articles. Hope you enjoy & looking forward to your review!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No crowds at Loon today. 5 minute singles on the gondola otherwise no lines. They said yesterday was a zoo.

The conditions were very good for jan 2020. It rained some sat night but didnt freeze up. Easy drive fun time.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Looking for a lodging recommendation for a Sunday night, Monday night, and checking out Tuesday morning. February 9, 10, and 11 in the Killington area. My wife and daughter will not ski but I want to ski Monday the 10th. Any place that is clean and safe is good. A bed and breakfast would be ok also. Thanks in advance for your help.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking for a lodging recommendation for a Sunday night, Monday night, and checking out Tuesday morning. February 9, 10, and 11 in the Killington area. My wife and daughter will not ski but I want to ski Monday the 10th. Any place that is clean and safe is good. A bed and breakfast would be ok also. Thanks in advance for your help.

At Killington, I stay at Summit Inn....I’m sure there are “better” places....but it’s kind of become our “usual” place. Has good breakfast...

*I’ll be there this coming weekend (Fri-Mon) for our Super Bowl ski weekend...lol

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We always stay at the Hillside Inn it’s cheap clean. Head up the hill for breakfast as not offered there.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor

Not sure how close you are looking to be but I absolutely LOVE the Liberty Hill Farm. 30 minute drive to K, best home cooked meals you will ever eat (includes breakfast & dinner) and an engaging environment to keep your daughter & wife entertained on a non ski day. Bonus: Cabot dairy farm, we got to help milk cows, collect eggs, play with barn kittens, and enjoy quintessential Vermont!

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At Killington, I stay at Summit Inn....I’m sure there are “better” places....but it’s kind of become our “usual” place. Has good breakfast...

*I’ll be there this coming weekend (Fri-Mon) for our Super Bowl ski weekend...lol

Birch Ridge Inn is very good and it has an outstanding "great room / bar" along with a great chef

Reactions: BC.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online