• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Need some @Guy in Shorts Killington reports this week......Headed up to ski Fri-Mon.....
. Coverage is very good right now. the soft snow that piled up over the last 2 days is on the thick pasty side and covers up some of the rocks and sticks pretty well on the steeps.
There was a low cloud deck and light snow all day. Snowmaking was in progress over on downspout which pushed people on to Cascade which got someone scratched up as the day went on. I spent some time at Snowden due to the better Vis and the snow was good over there . Played in the trees and on conclusion, which was great.

I heard the finished portion The base Lodge is opening this Saturday.

you also may want to check out killingtonzone since there's daily commentary on conditions

skifastDDS

AKA doublediamond223
Skier
Sugarbush was amazing yesterday. It snowed from Sunday afternoon all the way through Monday afternoon. I’m not sure what was reported, but I saw about 6 inches of fresh on the Mt Ellen side, and the mountain was empty. There are still rocks hiding underneath any of the off piste stuff, but it was a great day.
A77FAE17-232B-4E57-BC22-29AFCA19B8AD.jpeg D10977EA-7274-4BF8-AEAD-37F6DBE09172.jpeg 084A3364-47DD-43C8-B05D-43FE1E504F45.jpeg 3D1F1F66-7E47-49C2-B1D1-EB201B3499D3.jpeg

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Returned back to the Greens Sunday after Mid season warm weather vacation. Half foot of dense snow has done wonders to fix the mountain. Good snowmaking temps for now. This shot from yesterday on Lower Great Bear.

IMG_6891.jpg

CraigBro

Getting on the lift
Skier
Very enjoyable days Sunday and Monday at Killington. Looking forward to a skinnup Pico Thursday and as much skiing as I can get in this weekend.

I’m still exploring the mountain but I had a blast in the woods on Ramshead and doing fast laps on Snowden.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Looking for a lodging recommendation for a Sunday night, Monday night, and checking out Tuesday morning. February 9, 10, and 11 in the Killington area. My wife and daughter will not ski but I want to ski Monday the 10th. Any place that is clean and safe is good. A bed and breakfast would be ok also. Thanks in advance for your help.

Killington Motel is GREAT! 1mile to the access road. CLEAN Big rooms, hot water heat, big bathrooms, Breakfast included with Fresh roasted beans for the coffee! Call for lowest rates! https://killingtonmotel.com/rates/

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still working out the deets, but will likely be at Sugarbush on Saturday and Killington on Sunday. Pics above look appetizing and good snowmaking weather also.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Says the castlerock lift is now up and running and all trails are open. We're thinking of heading to Killington since we haven't spent much time there though Sugarbush conditions sound good.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I had a nice morning at Stowe with the kid. Started with a lap down a perfectly groomed Lifeline. Was hoping to get some powder laps at the Gondi and Sensation which were iced over yesterday and never ran. Well, they were really iced up and still haven't run. Might not run until tomorrow. So we want to plan B and skied Rimrock from the Quad then hiked up Cliff Trail and from there skied out to the Bench and got first tracks down Angel Food. Went to Spruce for some breakfast, then up Sunny and skied first tracks down the Buttcrack (could use more snow). After that, up the Quad again and skied the Bruce. First tracks again! Pretty sweet morning. Hopefully there will be lots of good skiing left tomorrow when Sensation and the Gondi finally run. If not, the groomers looked stellar today and will only be better tomorrow.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Well, one of them triple posted, so I'm guessing you mean 2nd to last picture. That is Angel Food - which is not on the map.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
@Erik Timmerman , is Bruce trail filled in all the way down? Was thinking of taking a cruise down this weekend... Looks like an awesome day!

Even after hiking up Cliff Trail, I'd think you'd still have your work cut out for you to reach Angel Food. That's some dedication. Nicely done. :thumb:

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Bruce was in great shape. No ditches or anything. The bottom is a little rugged if you are trying to go fast. You just go faster and start doubling stuff and then it smooths out.

CraigBro

Getting on the lift
Skier
Watched a guy skinning up Pike this afternoon. Looked like a ton of work. Any chance that was you?

Nope, but me and my buddy dawn patrolled this morning and had a lovely climb up C-Slope and Sunset Schuss and the woods there. Skiied down Birch Glades on some hard choppy snow and then fresh corduroy on Pike.

Top of Birch Glades

57D4B796-A047-4A72-857A-DEF360481A14.jpeg

My buddy John and his pup:
F5A53669-75BF-4ED4-AA72-4364FB16290F.jpeg

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I had a random Pugski encounter this morning at Wachusett. I was riding the lift chatting with my chair mates and @Steve noticed the Pugski sticker on my skis (which I bought from @Philpug in the BST). We had a nice chat about our respective skis. Unfortunately I need to get back to work soon so I don't know if I am going to be able to catch him there on another weekday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online