• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
First “ain’t moving an inch” traffic jam:
BB9A705E-2C4E-4560-B7A5-C2352801BD60.jpeg
Stuck on I-91 just south of White River Junction. There’s less than an inch of snow on the road, but most were driving like it’s summer.

aka, first “GET SNOW TIRES” rant of the season. And it’s not even technically winter yet!

James

Out There
Instructor
For some reason today the roads are bad. At least the small ones that don't get tons of salt. Ludlow got a few inches. Not like it's dumping, but roads are quite slippery.
I've decided I need new tires.

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Apparently a jack knifed 18 wheeler. Cops are turning us around; 91 will be closed for “days”

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently a jack knifed 18 wheeler. Cops are turning us around; 91 will be closed for “days”

Damn. Sorry to hear you're getting re-routed. Must be a mess if it's going to be closed that long.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't know how accurate Google traffic reporting is, but they're saying it will open at midnight.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Vermont State Police posted a photo on Facebook... Jackknifed semi on a bridge. Looked like a mess.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
wouldnt you drive up 89?

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
All that travel mayhem.....

Sliding silently on 3-4 inches of fresh this afternoon now seems so much more valuable.

The Southern part of Vt. has fortune smiling on it.

Drive safely.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ain't that a nasty mess. No wonder the road was closed.

Knocked off the rust at WaWa today with Noah. We signed up for DemoFest and spent the day trying different skis. Lots of fun and I found a new ski I want.

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for December 7th

I had an appointment with PJ TLto find a little more room for my feet so I didn’t get to the mountain until 11ish or so. Parking lot was packed but I found a spot the second time through. I don’t think I’ve ever arrived that late before.

Lift lines weren’t bad though although Liftline trail itself looked like a hockey rink, especially on the 13 Pitch. I avoided that but skied most everything else. Bumps on Centerline were actually not terrible. Slalom Hill had sweet snow on it.

It was snowing most all day, but it only amounted to an inch of two. I saw both Mr and Mrs Josh, both of whom remember how to turn in both directions.

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Ain't that a nasty mess. No wonder the road was closed.

Knocked off the rust at WaWa today with Noah. We signed up for DemoFest and spent the day trying different skis. Lots of fun and I found a new ski I want.

You can’t leave us hanging! What’s the new toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online