• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Was at Squaw again today. A little later start than I would have liked. I saw @Philpug @Unpiste and @missyc on Shirley around 9:45am. I was taking a few laps with my wife at the time. She called it a day early (around 10:45am) and I tried looking for the PugSki gang, but seemed like you all left early too.

Skied with my daughter till around 12:30pm. On the way down, noticed another set of fresh tracks on Chute-75... And these made perfect figirey-8's top to bottom with yesterday's tracks. :eek:
Must be the same person on both days. Amazing.

Daughter on the race course today, after they pulled the gates-
Screenshot_20190630-124545-01.jpg

Today was much softer than yesterday. Maybe no good freeze overnight? It still wasn't sticky when we left though. Always a fun time on the slopes!
:daffy:

missyc

Booting up
Skier
Was at Squaw again today. A little later start than I would have liked. I saw @Philpug @Unpiste and @missyc on Shirley around 9:45am. I was taking a few laps with my wife at the time. She called it a day early (around 10:45am) and I tried looking for the PugSki gang, but seemed like you all left early too.

Skied with my daughter till around 12:30pm. On the way down, noticed another set of fresh tracks on Chute-75... And these made perfect figirey-8's top to bottom with yesterday's tracks. :eek:
Must be the same person on both days. Amazing.

Daughter on the race course today, after they pulled the gates-
View attachment 76624

Today was much softer than yesterday. Maybe no good freeze overnight? It still wasn't sticky when we left though. Always a fun time on the slopes!
:daffy:

Phil left early, but we were skiing until the end at 2pm today. Did not see you guys.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Suns out, buns out?

Loaded just behind this gang on one of the Shirley Lake laps. The guys in banana hammocks had some serious wedgie action going :roflmao:

View attachment 76689

May have done my last run of the year. This reminds me of my first
ski run of this year. Seven big adults got on the Gold Coast 6-pack.
I could hardly breathe! or move. :eek:

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
@Eric267 's post reminded me of this new trail that just opened- Incline Village to Sand Harbor (3 miles). Hike/Bike/dogs - all ok. No more parking along 28. Park at trailhead parking near Tunnel Creek Cafe. Multiple designated vista points and shore access points. Runs for the most part between highway 28 and the shore. In the works for 3-4 years and hyped for even longer!

Now they want to extend it to Spooner lake eventually.

https://www.tahoefund.org/our-projects/active-projects/incline-to-sand-harbor-bike-path/

bikePath_map.jpg

Last edited:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What should Squaw's new pool be named? Seriously, Squaw does need a pool. The High Camp pool was too crowded for laps this afternoon. Add the $39 dollar tram ride ($30.05 with our Ikon discounts) to the $10 swim and it's hard to really afford that. Still crowded despite that. Definitely there is demand for a pool here.

Tomorrow we ski on the Fourth!

Eric

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Needed to be in line sooner. 20190704_081707.jpg 20190704_080012.jpg
What this photo doesn't show is the people who are walking are heading to the back of the line.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
20190704_101528.jpg
Finally on the Shirley lift.

Last edited:

Lex P

Booting up
Skier
Wow, that makes me feel a lot better about the blackout yesterday (caused by a squirrel v. electrical line, squirrel lost) and getting stuck on Shirley lift.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is the line in 2011...
268337_10150682245495018_6492275_n.jpg

IMG_0189.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online