• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Well, it will cover the rocks that got exposed by the wind scour.

It's looking like we are going to have 24hrs of really warm weather (~40f) accompanying the rain. I think we might see more rocks get exposed before they get a light frosting.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Trees at Stowe were crazy wind slab, basically impossible to ski except on the renegades.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Working bromley this weekend. They plan to blow snow when temps drop friday night so i'm hopeful the weekend will be good.

Magic is closed today to preserve snow and will reopen tomorrow.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yuck...

Still, planning to be at Mount Snow tomorrow and deal with whatever they have. Saturday location is up in the air.

Speaking of... anyone have advice for what's likely to be least crowded on Saturday between Mount Snow, Stratton, and Bromley? (I think those are my options...)

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yuck...

Still, planning to be at Mount Snow tomorrow and deal with whatever they have. Saturday location is up in the air.

Speaking of... anyone have advice for what's likely to be least crowded on Saturday between Mount Snow, Stratton, and Bromley? (I think those are my options...)
Too bad you're not staying to Sunday. We are driving up to Killington on Saturday for the week.

I hope today's wet event doesn't hurt the mountain too much. No real snow in the forecast for next week.:(

Corgski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yuck...

Perhaps better to find out which one has the best grooming track record. Actually the rain has not washed away nearly as much snow as I thought it would, it is going to become fairly firm though. Can still be fun. Looking forward to trip report, never skied Southern Vermont before, might need to expand my options.

Hope you have/had a good drive, urban speed limits on 101 in places with like 2 houses is usually tedious but given the weather works in your favor.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
It's good for the base.
It's good for the base.
It's good for the base.
It's good for the base.
It's good for the base.
It's good for the base.
It's good for the base.
It's good for the base.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s freakin pouring here in Boston. Pissing. Me. Off.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Perhaps better to find out which one has the best grooming track record. Actually the rain has not washed away nearly as much snow as I thought it would, it is going to become fairly firm though. Can still be fun. Looking forward to trip report, never skied Southern Vermont before, might need to expand my options.

Hope you have/had a good drive, urban speed limits on 101 in places with like 2 houses is usually tedious but given the weather works in your favor.

Just leaving merrimack, NH now... steady to heavy rain all day here. Tomorrow skiing will be... interesting.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Today's skiing was .... interesting.
The bumps softened to a state of warm marsh mellow fluff. One LOOKED FOR ICE SHEETS to turn on! The natural snow was that rotten.
Groomed slopes were cream cheese. Whee HA!

Flurries as the setting sun brought in cooler air.

Tomorrow (Friday) should be good. But plan on sticking to the groomed runs, or plan on a visit to your dentist. Teeth will rattle!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tomorrow (Friday) should be good. But plan on sticking to the groomed runs...

That is my plan for now until I see how it is... flurries and blowing snow on the drive to Wilmington, VT... and some ice dams causing 4 or 5 inches of water to wade through to check in to the hotel.

If anyone else happens to be at mount snow tomorrow and wants to make some turns let me know.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks like NH and Maine fared better than Vermont.

upload_2019-1-25_9-8-38.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^
Too bad im in Vermont :D

Mount Snow is.... well, it's... fine? I guess? Lots of clear ice but the groomers did a good job and they're running some guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor