• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Kevin, I also am bummed for you.

On my front, I am giving up. One run after my warming break, and I was already freezing. When Goniff Glade doesn't warm you up , you know it's cold.

I think I did see a mosquito wearing a Canada Goose parka. Surprised they make them in that size.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Are you aborting the mission entirely? I figured you'd just go to JH anyway.

I’m in such a funk right now that I question how much I’d enjoy it knowing that I missed the whole reason I was going in the first place.

There are really no good options right now but at least I can ski my happy place (Stowe) for free instead of spending a fortune in Jackson.

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Abort Jackson hole and join us in Taos next week instead! A ski week is much cheaper than steep and deep and I’m sure you’d learn similar things.

My boss might have something to say about that...

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
So sorry to hear of your airport hang-up Kevin. Got an update?

Coming home to Boston although they can’t get me there until Tuesday night. Have to finish canceling Jackson plans and then figure out what I’m doing until then since I’m stuck in Chicago.

And then heading up to Stowe. @Josh Matta, @Erik Timmerman let me know if you guys will be free. I’m thinking a Bruce run to “more than one” beer at the Matterhorn would be fun.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hopefully things will work out with the JH cancellations. I’m thinking they will work with you to some extent as I’m sure they deal with these types of things all the time. In the meantime hopefully you can salvage some good skiing fun from the rest of your week. Stowe isn't JH but it isn’t a bad consolation location either especially with a pass in hand.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m sitting in Chicago having missed a connecting flight to Jackson Hole because my Boston flight had to turn back to disembark a sick passenger. I was flying out today because my earlier flights were cancelled because of the storm.

And there’s apparently no way to get to Jackson in time for the start of Steep and Deep. Waiting to hear back from them to see if I can postpone enrollment to next year (I can’t make the other camp dates this season).

But hey, no mosquitoes in Chicago either!

That really sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Abort Jackson hole and join us in Taos next week instead! A ski week is much cheaper than steep and deep and I’m sure you’d learn similar things.

Well, your statement has merit on the facts, and that alternate plan would be a good outcome for us. However, what you seem to have missed along the way is that Kevin knows full well that Steep and Deep is a posh ego-massaging gimme compared with Steep and Grumpy.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kevin, I also am bummed for you.

On my front, I am giving up. One run after my warming break, and I was already freezing. When Goniff Glade doesn't warm you up , you know it's cold.

I think I did see a mosquito wearing a Canada Goose parka. Surprised they make them in that size.

I was thinking about hitting Magic today and then saw on the Killington site that lifts would be down for mechanical (and I assume also wind hold based on sticking my head out the door at 7:00) reasons until 10:00. It would be getaway day anyway and I would probably only ski until ~ 2, so i bailed and headed home.

It sounds like I made the right call, although it sux driving that far for one day of skiing. I will say that yesterday was one of my best days skiing on the east coast though.

Driving home in north Jersey a huge chunk of ice came hurtling off the top of an SUV and mashed my hood and windshield. If I hadn't steered slightly to the left it would have landed in my lap. The same thing happened to me ~ 25 years ago and shattered my windshield, this time i have a dent in my hood, a missing windshield wiper, and some soiled underwear:) No, the driver did not stop and I pulled over quickly to evaluate WTF just happened.

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Driving home in north Jersey a huge chunk of ice came hurtling off the top of an SUV and mashed my hood and windshield. If I hadn't steered slightly to the left it would have landed in my lap. The same thing happened to me ~ 25 years ago and shattered my windshield, this time i have a dent in my hood, a missing windshield wiper, and some soiled underwear:) No, the driver did not stop and I pulled over quickly to evaluate WTF just happened.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is not the day for Pugski travel!

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Well, your statement has merit on the facts, and that alternate plan would be a good outcome for us. However, what you seem to have missed along the way is that Kevin knows full well that Steep and Deep is a posh ego-massaging gimme compared with Steep and Grumpy.

I don’t know that there’s anything particularly ego-inducing about Jackson Hole.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is not the day for Pugski travel!

Sorry to hear that. I see people all the time driving around after a storm without having cleaned their car off. They have no regard for others.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t know that there’s anything particularly ego-inducing about Jackson Hole.

Then you fully grasp the gist of my post.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
My! Was IT cold and windy in the North East today!

Frost nip was everywhere, and lift service was pretty scant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January