• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^^
Too bad im in Vermont :D

Mount Snow is.... well, it's... fine? I guess? Lots of clear ice but the groomers did a good job and they're running some guns.
See, you should have headed to Killington, which is in the light blue area between the two green blobs! Hopefully that bodes well for my first day on Sunday.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not really complaining... just assessing honestly I think.

I have no complaints about skiing on a Friday!

I think conditions are pretty much "good for your skiing" all over VT.

Though I did suggest you head north rather than west.ogwink

Seriously though, probably 9 times out of 10 the snow is better in northern VT. But even with half the rain it still poured.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know. You used the appropriate winky face. Just realized I sounded too negative. :D

Heading back out for a few more hours after an early lunch now. :)
I hope you got a chocolate chip cookie. No lunch on the mountain is complete without a $4 cookie:)

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Forecast for southern Vermont looks pretty good.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/vt/peru/43.23,-72.90?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Bringing my ice skates for the weekend. Looks like snow overnight tonight and temps below freezing very night for the next 10 days. Temps mostly in the 20s. Whouda thunk that we'd have skied powder in the eastern townships of Quebec last weekend. I'm ok with some ice skating this weekend. Have to work tomorrow and sunday but will sneak some runs in. If I teach in the am I usually get the afternoon off. My snow reports aren't for the fair weather skier that's for sure because I am Pollyanna as every day on the slopes is a good day. Skiing Redster XTI's this weekend while Rally's are being tuned with the kenjas as backup just in case.

Day off today. It's gorgeous and sunny out. Looking forward to crossing the state line from the nutmeg state into the green mountain state tonight.

Hope everyone who skied today had a blast and safe travels to the mountains for us weekend warriors.

Last edited:

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Triple sharpening skis this evening. Whatever snow gets blown will get skied off very quickly. I don't mind the ice as long as the slopes aren't crowded. Find a wide trail and arc some clean turns.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Mount Snow was a lot of fun today... the black runs were actually better than the blues which were better than the greens (snow wise)... some of the main green run was nothing but death cookies... I felt bad for the beginners wedging their way through them. A couple of the black runs were very hard but you could make turns and they were empty... so I spent some time lapping there.

Great day overall! How could it not be? I was skiing!

20190125_142034.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Mount Snow was a lot of fun today... the black runs were actually better than the blues which were better than the greens (snow wise)... some of the main green run was nothing but death cookies... I felt bad for the beginners wedging their way through them. A couple of the black runs were very hard but you could make turns and they were empty... so I spent some time lapping there.

View attachment 63744

I always say expect the worst and you are usually pleasantly surprised. Sounds like a great day.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
So today at Stowe was surprising.

first overnight snow fall and it continued to snow though out the day, and right is dumping at my house near whiteout.

50494099_10103642371999180_1442850987000725504_n.jpg

groomers were firm but VERY grippy, like kinda of crazy amount of grip for how they sounded on the body twisting skidders skis. Bumps were fine, and some woods runs were even better than average.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier

View attachment 63744
Love the North Face blacks, but still enjoy zooming around the frontside blues!

Which run is that picture?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I was at Okemo today skiing with a friend. It was definitely firm but it was skiable. They were blowing snow on a couple trails so those were fun.

On the bright side, I finally made it to Jackson! Jackson Gore instead of Jackson Hole, but I’m sure it’s pretty much the same thing.

:rolleyes:

Up at Stowe through Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online