• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well as you can see, think I’m calling it a season. I got 39 days in bouncing between Elk Mountain, Greek Peak and one trip to Gore. Got to say it was a tough season here in NY. I had two days that were 1 run and done, just to dangerous. And had maybe 6 to 8 days of really great conditions, the rest just crap to ok.
DF69F131-B980-4E36-BA7E-C8105DE400C2.jpeg

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
51 at Mt. Rose. Skiing pretty well considering the dearth of fresh snow since January. This weekend should take care of that; what happens un-snow related is anyone's guess right now.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not nearly enough but I'm happy that I have been able to go as much as I have (as is the lil grom) but too embarrassed to state a number. I'll make one more pilgrimage to the lifts tomorrow but I suspect that my options will diminish shortly thereafter.

My plan is to increase my days next year by at least 50% by starting earlier in the season and that hopefully the season length won't be attenuated by outside forces...

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Friday the 13th started with the lift scanner playing the theme from Rocky as it showed I was out for day 100. Felt pretty good about that, then on my 13th run of the day a young woman smacked into me from the left side back. Ended up sitting on the snow not feeling right about my back. Patrol gave me a ride to see Dr. Moore. No broken ribs but really painful. The doctor came to my abode and set me up on oxygen this morning. Terrible way to end the season.Guess it was my fault as it was my 13th run on Friday the 13th. Lookin forward not to next season. BTW the young woman told the patron she was OK. She did assist me after the accident.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
#14 on the 14th. Not an impressive number but a uniquely spectacular day. 19" fresh on 'the Speed Bump' (49° North) 14° snowing and blowing mightily. I LOVED IT! Perhaps the best quality snow I remember skiing in the Inland Northwest 3' drifts and snow so good skiing the chop was as good as the fresh. No pictures, I was busy :yahoo:.
Picked up my combo pass for 49° and Silver Mt for the rest of this season and the 20-21 season $300 seemed fair.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Got in 62 days.
Last 3 years were all over 90 days.

I did however ski 12 days in a row to end the season, so I set that personal best record.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Looks like the five I reported Feb. 29 will be it. Lowest total since I ripped my first Achilles tendon on the third day of the season back in the 1980s.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like 51 and done, at least for lift served. Unless Alterra opens again in a few weeks. My beloved Mt. Rose sent the word out that today was it for 19-20. Too bad, as the almost two feet from yesterday and today plus whatever they get tonight and tomorrow would have rejuvenated the area well into April.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
61-today, hoping it's not my last, it was a beautiful day, my local bump says he'll stay open weekends for us until they 'make' him close. we have tons of manmade on the trails, I'm hoping the Western Mts re-open for April-June Skiing, I am not ready to be done skiing yet!!

1584322635109.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online