• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, they pulled something out with the lifts yesterday but appear to have halted after that. It will be cool to watch the new lift go in, we will have a good view from the webcam.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
We purchased our passes for next season. Buying before the 29th saves us around 800 bucks!

Hopefully this virus nonsense goes away soon.

We are pumped on the new lift.

And I’m curious to know this years pass partners.

Last edited:
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My 20-21 pass showed up a few days ago. Guess they aren't messing around this year.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My 20-21 pass showed up a few days ago. Guess they aren't messing around this year.

Me too, YAY!

Kinda cruel given the expected ~110 valley temps this weekend. :cool:

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Mine as well. After the cluster of last season getting those passes out, they have been quite proactive this year.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Say some prayers or whatever you do to send out good vibes for Mt. Lemmon. Ski Valley is being threatened by the fire at this point. I think they will try to make a fire line on that top ridge just above the ski area. Man, I fucking hate fire season.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
Say some prayers or whatever you do to send out good vibes for Mt. Lemmon. Ski Valley is being threatened by the fire at this point. I think they will try to make a fire line on that top ridge just above the ski area. Man, I fucking hate fire season.

The Bighorn fire is now over 17,000 acres and the high winds the past few days have driven the fire towards Summerhaven and Ski Valley. Evacutation orders were given yesterday, here's praying the outcome is much better than the Aspen fire in 2003.

Here's a picture from the backyard this morning.

Attachments

• 20200617_080207.jpg
    20200617_080207.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 15
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
man that sucks. those flames are way up there.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier

There is a excellent Mt Lemmon Facebook group most posts from a local named Stacey. He puts up good stuff. Following closely this dangerous fire.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
The worst I have seen the flames in two weeks. The fire started on the back side near Oro Valley but has been moving to the to the top 20200617_210559.jpg and front side with the winds.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Check out these fire lines. Rough night up there. Hope they hold.

1592483957099.png

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

There is a excellent Mt Lemmon Facebook group most posts from a local named Stacey. He puts up good stuff. Following closely this dangerous fire.

Yeah, Stacey is awesome. He reports on the skiing conditions up there when it is open.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
I can't help wondering if these won't be white elephants in the post COVID-19 world. Firstly, who wants to take their skis off anyway just to ride the new Agassiz lift - darned nuisance? Secondly, unless one is only with one's ski-buddy or group, who wants to be in a confined cabin? I suppose if it is an absolutely freezing day one might but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor