• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
Cholla = yes; Flagstaff = No

This is near Phoenix, photo op only, there is a paved road close by. But I do ride (carefully!) the MTN bike on trails where cholla and other prickly stuff is prevalent. :eek:

That photo has some weird green lens flare that I didn't notice on my phone.
Aha, makes sense. I spent some time in Flagstaff in the early 90’s. Didn’t recall anything like that around the San Francisco peaks.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
My DH had hoped to ski this week and has decided to drive up around Humphrey's Peak ---maybe backside of Snowbowl-- and scout around for skinning/hiking options. ...guess he just needed an adventure.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
My DH had hoped to ski this week and has decided to drive up around Humphrey's Peak ---maybe backside of Snowbowl-- and scout around for skinning/hiking options. ...guess he just needed an adventure.

Skiable bases are pretty high now, the approaches are long. Snowbowl road may open back up on Friday. The Humphreys trail has been pretty good this year for a skin track up.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, I can't imagine hiking up from Bear Jaw or Lockett Meadow this time of year. That would be a slog. All the forest roads are closed around the peaks until around mid April too. You can get on the backside if you know where to dip in but the roads can be gnarly and I wouldn't recommend it. I antler hunt out there regularly and I don't expect to be able to access my spots for another month. Humphrey's Trail as stated above or up through Snowbowl if they open uphill access is the best bet for skiing right now. I wonder if they can technically stop you from skinning up the resort right now? I know they can close the road but if it opens?

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Best storm of the season and no lifts turning. Sorry but this is painful. I'll be drowning sorrows in alcohol tonight. Cheers.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Best storm of the season and no lifts turning. Sorry but this is painful. I'll be drowning sorrows in alcohol tonight. Cheers.
Get in line. We've over 7' since Saturday at some areas around Tahoe. Others only have a mere 4' or 5'. No lifts spinning.

James

Out There
Instructor
Get in line. We've over 7' since Saturday at some areas around Tahoe. Others only have a mere 4' or 5'. No lifts spinning.
Can you go out with that much snow? I would think slide risk is high even inbounds.

Spooky

Getting off the lift
Skier
I know. I just bought a frontside setup, because I was like...i'll be skiing frontside at the Bird until May. :doh:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nuking up at Snowbowl this afternoon. Saw the crews taking down the pads on the lift poles. :(

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I was already curled up in the fetal position all this past weekend, thinking about my Telluride trip that wasn't... :rolleyes:

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
They said that they were having a record breaking year. Hopefully the numbers look good enough so we can still get that new lift. Vail isn’t doing any improvements for 20/21 now.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
wtf happened to the Snotel? It hasn't updated for the last few hours either.

1586750946494.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online