• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thursday was day 24 for me. I feel like I'm way behind where I should be, could be, would be...

1024px-TSM350_-_Jeff_Gordon_-_Stierch_8.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
images.jpg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
32 at Mt. Rose with @AKMINK. Snow is great but the warmer temps have me worrying.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am up to 8 with 5 more staring next Thursday in Park City. I am aiming for 20 for the season.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Day 17 and 18 this weekend for me. Had a very nice 4" powder day on Saturday and on Sunday they managed to groom a decent bit of the mountain so we all got to enjoy more soft packed powder. However, I did have to go for a walk through the woods to attempt to find a teenager whos friends apparently ditched him when he missed a traverse back to the main run out and let him ski down to the creekbed where there is another walk out that looks like a snowmachine trail to nowhere. According to his friends, he had hurt his leg and wasn't able to make it out on his own. Ugh. Thankfully, the group of friends was able to retrace their steps and led me to where he had gone off trail so I could pick up the tracks. This of course would be a part of the day where I was using my Head Titans and they are so not suited for tramping around the woods or skating on tiny flat snowmachine trails around a creekbed. Anyways after following the kids tracks through pretty unskiable woods for a good couple minutes, my other searchers found the kid after he managed to make it too the walk out. Thankfully the area the kid had gone into was surrounded by runs on all sides, so we were not too concerned with him wandering out of bounds like others have managed to do. I have no idea why all his friends decided to ditch him and not leave one to stay by the entry spot.. but at least they came and told Ski Patrol and helped us go look for him. I can't blame them much because they were all young teenagers.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Day 3 was Friday, and the third powder day in a row this season. It was about three inches on top of cut-up powder on top of cut-up powder, which can hide some unseen surprises. I hit a lump of buried crud with one ski, which stopped abruptly and sent me flying like a rag doll. Up to that point, I had been making some really pretty tracks, too.

Other than a small kid-friendly terrain park at the bottom, Granby Ranch doesn't appear to be building any other terrain parks this season.

I hit a traffic jam on Berthoud Pass about half-way up in the morning. I've never encountered that in many years of driving Berthoud Pass. Two lanes of slow-and-go the rest of the way to the top. No apparent cause of the bottleneck was seen. On the way down the west side, I followed an Outback who liked to drive in the uphill passing lane most of the time. I kept my distance in case things suddenly got crunchy.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
7 - and that was the temperature when we started, I think, too!

Notable incident of the day - riding up the lift and hearing screaming/yelling from the woods. It was awful, didn't stop. Guessing teenage boy, based on the other people we saw going for help/climbing back up to him. Yelling "my leg, my leg, I’m gonna die" over and over. Rumor was he impaled his leg on a branch. I don’t know how ski patrol got him to stop yelling, but he quieted down when they got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online