• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
87 with @AKMINK, @Philpug, and @Tricia at Squaw on the 4th with 7,000,000 of our closest friends. Ran into @LouD-Truckee, @Unpiste, and @Near Nyquist. Good snow, huge lines. Totally worth it!
I failed to update my slopesquad until today and realized that I, ironically, skied day 89 via route 89
220px-Start_of_California_89.jpg

Unmarkedobstacles

Back to being the UnofficialAlpine.com guy
Industry Insider
It looks like my season finishes at 122 days. There was a 45 day "break" in there from midMarch to early May. Otherwise I would have bested my personal best of 153. Summer is finally here in Tahoe and now I just want to ride bikes and play in the water.

Next year I hope to remain injury free and do better. Skiing is fun, either way.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Finished out the season today at the Mammoth closer, ended up with 72 days. Not bad considering I was out, non-injury, from mid-January through mid-March.
IMG_20190728_120854864.jpg

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
123 days. I had never skied more than 35 days prior to “last season”

Painful to admit it was over and slow to post

I had the mountain to myself is what I’ll remember for my final day
The last day for the season was August 3. Heat (80s), fun the night before, not as fit as I should be, and the altitude had me dizzy then disoriented and I continued up. Add a little storm and I was in trouble. The link below was taken at 8600’ and luckily it was mellow for me at 10’500’ compared to the video.
It was really my last day hiking with my skis and boots on my back as bad decisions added up and I turned and walked down. Skiing Main Chute would have been a much safer option down but I should have turned back sooner and not been alone. I started at 1230pm, was on the mountain getting pounded with hail at 5pm, and got back to the car at 830pm
Calling mrsjmills before I headed down meant she drove to Alta to get me. I was happy to see her hiking up as I was limping down. The bad knee that became both knees walking down and me not feeling that great meant being “reminded” of being dumb wasn’t so bad since she was correct.
Having to pick my car up the next day I may have asked about taking my skis.
I took the QSTs in for a base grind a few days later and sent a text saying the season was finished and she was surprised I admitted it

2E7F0768-CC87-4D7F-B644-902E04BAAB73.jpeg

So close and I walked

69BA67BF-DF4A-4DF8-A357-C17641CAD3FA.jpeg

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Good one PJ. The 2018-19 Ikon pass was honored there so I guess it is still this season. Just in case anyone was wondering, Ikon has ruined Valle Nevado as well as Abasin.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
New season, anyone?
(I ended up with 109 on the 4th of July.)

I sure hope Ikon hasn't ruined A Basin, and instead just sorta helped cut in half the number of A Bay skiers for this coming season, for the good of many.

This is by no means an endorsement of that larger corporation/org., so far, near as I can tell. :)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
New season, anyone?

I sure hope Ikon hasn't ruined A Basin, and instead just sorta helped cut in half the number of A Bay skiers for this coming season, for the good of many.

This is by no means an endorsement of that larger corporation/org., so far, near as I can tell. :)
I started a "how many days 19-20" thread. Since most of us will be (or already have been) skiing on new snow it's time!

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
New season, anyone?

By September, I had 79 days before the "new" season started.

I am really enjoying the vibe at Abasin. Not just the obvious fewer people, but also all the employees seem to be genuinely happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor