• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
49. On day 49 I was hit in a training clinic. I have a torn PCL, and lots of parts that are pretty bruised. I’m afraid that my season is probably over —. Fingers crossed!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
49. On day 49 I was hit in a training clinic. I have a torn PCL, and lots of parts that are pretty bruised. I’m afraid that my season is probably over —. Fingers crossed!
Oh no! Bummer:(

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
#35 Highlands- Another Superb Day skiing Colorado. This was one of my Best ski days EVER.
I Loved Ripping top to bottom runs right behind one of the Greatest Women Skiers of all time with our own Private Tour,
Steeps, Speed, Double Black Diamond Bumps. WOW! MEGA Dimple Cramps ALL Day Long!! Today will be tough to beat!

51145014_10215586599089506_6633421193028304896_n.jpg

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor

Not good, Mike. And training was so much fun before!! Is the PCL totally torn or partially?

I came to this thread to report my disappointing 22 days because of bad chest colds and will leave with sadness for your injury. Heal fast!!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
35. Watching the storm rise at Mt. Rose. Sounds like it's gonna be a good one!
20190201_093645.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Not good, Mike. And training was so much fun before!! Is the PCL totally torn or partially?

I came to this thread to report my disappointing 22 days because of bad chest colds and will leave with sadness for your injury. Heal fast!!
Not sure yet — had an MRI today and see the surgeon Tuesday. Keeping fingers crossed, but have prepared myself for the distinct possibility my season is over.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Jackie Robinson at Beaver Creek

%Fuk5ZosTUWhtjX2f8XkxA.jpg

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Reporting from beautiful Whitefish Montana...

Day 23 for me.

I missed yesterday and broke my streak of 19 consecutive days. Conditions were miserable and I might have been "a little tired" much like Forest Gump when he finally stopped running. It was (r)aining down low and pea soup up top. The summit cam showed a lot of people standing around in the fog, I can hack the weather but the people are dangerous so we took a pass.

Today was almost a no go, wind chill of -35 degrees, we had a New England style thaw / freeze and the wind has blown all the remaining snow to Missoula. I did 2 runs on the lower mountain, the chairs were smacking the guides coming into the top of the lift so they shut the whole mountain down. It's fkn cold and windy here folks. Hope it settles down a bit tomorrow. I'm already antsy about taking the day off.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A short day for 36 with @AKMINK at Mt. Rose. There was about a foot of fresh and it was great for the first couple of runs when you had your own tracks. Then it got cut up, visibility bad due to snow, light was very flat, and I'm just not that good at skiing by braille. You could literally not see the piles in front of you. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am up to 12 sith 13 on tap in Utah tomorrow. In a weird twist I will have 8 days in Utah vs 5 in New England where I live.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
29. Worst touring snow of the year.

But wind hammered hardpack and sastrugi is a good way to break in new skis. Probably a new ski for PugSki too so a review should be in the works once I get more time on them.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Day 9 Vail on Friday. Got there late so didn't get in as manty runs as I'd hoped for before they closed the back bowls. Still, a lot of fun. Beautiful bluebird day. Was testing the new tune on my i.Speed Rallys on groomers for the most part, although i did find myself in a spot I'd never been where there was a cliff drop and was able to squeeze through a very narrow little chute without hitting rock.

Day 10 Sunday at Breck. Met up with the Space City Ski Club, which I'm staying with at Beaver Run. Windy and overcast most of the day, so felt colder than the temperature reading. Three of us did laps on groomed blacks and a few blues most of the day, which was fine because i was working on carving. They were very crusty. Need some more snow, badly. The moguls we did were hard and unforgiving. It finally started snowing a little in the afternoon, but appeared to be on the low side of the 1-3" forecasted.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A short day for 36 with @AKMINK at Mt. Rose. There was about a foot of fresh and it was great for the first couple of runs when you had your own tracks. Then it got cut up, visibility bad due to snow, light was very flat, and I'm just not that good at skiing by braille. You could literally not see the piles in front of you. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I saw your Z-90s in the rack but they were gone when I came out. Ditto on the braille - I'll verify your claim about not being able to see and the piles were heavy. Added to that, I was wishing I was on my teles, as it was only my second day in 15 yrs on alpine gear in pow. That's not to say I didn't have fun on day 60. I had some very nice turns in sheltered spots and the back side before the wind really started howling.

Status
Not open for further replies.