• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
This is our first winter here so look forward to meeting some of you! Anything we should bring?

We look forward to meeting you, too!

Lots of people will bring stuff. It is all pretty much pot luck. The paid beach spots include a picnic table. Maybe minimally bring chairs and preferred drinking utensils (unless you like Solo cups.) Rarely are there too many chairs.

People that bring grills and tables usually announce that so that there isn't a surfeit of that sort of thing.

That said:

I'll be bringing Margaritas. I could bring a grill if we think it is needed.

:margarita:

Oh. How could I forget retro gear!? Bring skiable/wearable retro gear if you like. The Beach is pretty notorious for costumes.

130512 with Dean Spirito (HippieFlippinNM).jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is our first winter here so look forward to meeting some of you! Anything we should bring?

A well functioning liver if you drink. Typically people bring food and drink to contribute. There's often a collection to help pay for the beach spot on Sunday (they've gotten expensive since this tradition started!). Things like trash bags, paper towels, etc are always good too.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
There's often a collection to help pay for the beach spot on Sunday (they've gotten expensive since this tradition started!).

I want to emphasize this - the parking spots are not free - puggers are paying for them. I don't think I'd have realized this if someone hadn't told me.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I want to emphasize this - the parking spots are not free - puggers are paying for them. I don't think I'd have realized this if someone hadn't told me.

There are still some free beach spots right?! I haven't been to Abasin this year, but it was possible to get a beach spot last year if you pulled up early enough. Just the schmancy ones with tables were pay-only.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
@Doug Briggs posted think retro:
upload_2019-4-24_21-55-37.jpeg
Hey, that Rossi ST on the left is the model I literally
blew up 30 yrs ago at Jackson Hole. Lended at speed flat on a rock hidden under the skis which blew out a foot section of the foam core under the binding. Amazingly the binding and the edges stayed attached,

I wasn’t hurt so I skied down on them to the nearest dumpster! I had a 2 nd pair of skis in my airline bag (rare).

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
There are still some free beach spots right?! I haven't been to Abasin this year, but it was possible to get a beach spot last year if you pulled up early enough. Just the schmancy ones with tables were pay-only.

I believe they are, but as you say, they're first come first serve. @Philpug @SBrown @Tricia , how many spots are being paid for across the days this time?

JuneauTheHusky

Booting up
Skier
A well functioning liver if you drink. Typically people bring food and drink to contribute. There's often a collection to help pay for the beach spot on Sunday (they've gotten expensive since this tradition started!). Things like trash bags, paper towels, etc are always good too.
Awesome! We will bring some trash bags and paper towels. Oh, and our functioning livers :daffy:

JuneauTheHusky

Booting up
Skier
We look forward to meeting you, too!

Lots of people will bring stuff. It is all pretty much pot luck. The paid beach spots include a picnic table. Maybe minimally bring chairs and preferred drinking utensils (unless you like Solo cups.) Rarely are there too many chairs.

People that bring grills and tables usually announce that so that there isn't a surfeit of that sort of thing.

That said:

I'll be bringing Margaritas. I could bring a grill if we think it is needed.

:margarita:

Oh. How could I forget retro gear!? Bring skiable/wearable retro gear if you like. The Beach is pretty notorious for costumes.

View attachment 72082
Awesome. We look forward to it.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Doug Briggs posted think retro:
View attachment 72149
Hey, that Rossi ST on the left is the model I literally
blew up 30 yrs ago at Jackson Hole. Lended at speed flat on a rock hidden under the skis which blew out a foot section of the foam core under the binding. Amazingly the binding and the edges stayed attached,

I wasn’t hurt so I skied down on them to the nearest dumpster! I had a 2 nd pair of skis in my airline bag (rare).

I’m surprised you didn’t grab the damaged ski off the snow and ski it down to ski patrol.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll bring my grill.

Sponsor