• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
And if anyone here for the Abasin meetup is at Luv on Friday and wants a free pair of excellent conditions SX 92s in 28 (I think) -- I got you.
Really, the enabling that's going on !
Actually, let's take it apart and document all its gizmos, which are seemingly impressive from what I hear.
I do have some canting soles for Salomon SX's...just sayin.
Hmmm... canting a 30 yr old liner/boot.

I really think he should make an appointment for an "alignment" Then go in with your bag of sole cants, and the boots. Just to see the reaction.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Really, the enabling that's going on !
Actually, let's take it apart and document all its gizmos, which are seemingly impressive from what I hear.

Hmmm... canting a 30 yr old liner/boot.

I really think he should make an appointment for an "alignment" Then go in with your bag of sole cants, and the boots. Just to see the reaction.
And bring my Atomic EBM bindings and say that the batteries need to be replaced...which they do.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
How late into the year do they work?
With Breck open late this year, I expect the shop will remain open through May, probably with reduced hours; call before you drive. In recent years, the shop has been open almost all summer by appointment.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
With Breck open late this year, I expect the shop will remain open through May, probably with reduced hours; call before you drive. In recent years, the shop has been open almost all summer by appointment.
Thanks.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am arriving before the main wave (the previous Friday). Since James is on the disabled list
(see https://www.pugski.com/threads/sudden-agonizing-crippling-lower-back-pain-what-to-do.15054/) I am rethinking my plans.

I'm considering skiing Winter Park that weekend, staying nearby, and then relocating to the main venue on Tuesday. (I know only the Mary Jane side will be open by then.) I have never been to WP.
Anybody else going to be around and interested in WP, or have other suggestions? (Or WP advice?)
Sorry, can't make it to MJ, but can offer a bit of advice. Just go. Don't hesitate just because it's only the Jane open. I skied there forever only hitting what's available off the Super Guage. Even less before the backside opened. There is plenty to ski. Mostly bumps, and more bumps.

What's cool is they are running the Gondola from the WP Village. Doesn't look you can ski back down to WP other than the "Coridor" or download, both of which will require lots of poling if it's slushy, then maybe take the shuttle back to WP at the end of the day, assuming it's running.

If you don't have lodging setup, maybe try for ski-in-out VRBO deal in the Village, then drive to town for dinner or cook in the condo. The town of Winter Park, Village of Winter Park, and Old Town Winter Park are all different. It's confusing and I probably got it wrong.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For the most part, we'll be at A-Basin, but on Friday we will be at Loveland celebrating Betsy's birthday with @Don Denver and Betsy

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
For the most part, we'll be at A-Basin, but on Friday we will be at Loveland celebrating Betsy's birthday with @Don Denver and Betsy

Anyone considered renting out e-tow cabin for the day on the hill if its available? I'd throw a few dollars to it. Or maybe write a lil review of the onhill digs for the site and see if they'll cut PugSki a deal.

I had a birthday party there, its pretty rad to party on hill with a grill, snow-bank cooler and wood burning stove.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone considered renting out e-tow cabin for the day on the hill if its available? I'd throw a few dollars to it. Or maybe write a lil review of the onhill digs for the site and see if they'll cut PugSki a deal.

I had a birthday party there, its pretty rad to party on hill with a grill, snow-bank cooler and wood burning stove.

This is all true, but in the past, we have had non-skiers attending so it works out better to not have to deal with lifts. I assume it will be the same this year, but maybe someone knows better than I.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry, can't make it to MJ, but can offer a bit of advice. Just go. Don't hesitate just because it's only the Jane open. I skied there forever only hitting what's available off the Super Guage. Even less before the backside opened. There is plenty to ski. Mostly bumps, and more bumps.
Thanks.
I booked a nice-looking cheap Airbnb a mile or two from the base. Looking forward to bumps. Any other takers?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Thanks.
I booked a nice-looking cheap Airbnb a mile or two from the base. Looking forward to bumps. Any other takers?

I might be in for this, but I have to figure out if my son and my niece are going to be skiing with me this coming weekend. What days are you planning on being at MJ?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I might be in for this, but I have to figure out if my son and my niece are going to be skiing with me this coming weekend. What days are you planning on being at MJ?
S-S-M-T, starting April 27.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is all true, but in the past, we have had non-skiers attending so it works out better to not have to deal with lifts. I assume it will be the same this year, but maybe someone knows better than I.

It looks like the VIP non-skier has RSVPd yes.

JonathanR

Booting up
Skier
I have a couple spots open at my condo as well if anyone else would care to split cost, staying friday and saturday nights near A-basin.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Also, people with babies/very little ones.