• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I've been searching craiglist in Denver for 4 packs, but no one is willing to mail them to me.
If someone in Colorado picks up some 4 packs, I'll happily reimburse.
If we are skiing Loveland as a group on Friday, we may need to sort out LL tickets for a bunch of people.

I'm heading out of town on business for the next 3 days, but I'm sure one of the CO crew would be able to help. There's someone located in most of the different parts of the metro, so pick-up shouldn't be a major issue if you let us know where the tickets are after you purchase them.

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
They're not still selling them at the window right? If not, I can keep an eye on my local buy/sell sight as they typically pop up around abouts now. That being said, once you get into April and May the ticket window price drops a lot so it is pretty comparable to buying a four pack at cost.

I am a strong maybe, we have a few tickets left to use and I didn't realize it was a week earlier this year, I was thinking I will plan a climbing trip for Mothers Day proper.

DCagle

Putting on skis
Skier
Here are the advanced-purchase Loveland ticket prices for closing weekend. I plan to ski there either May 2 or May 3. Hope to see you then.

upload_2019-3-28_10-1-26.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Interested - Please post Lodging deals, suggestions and recommendations. Thx.
Because its considered shoulder season there are deals on lodging to be had close by. I know a handful of people who have gotten a heck of a deal at the condos at Keystone, others get an affordable room at LaQuinta in Dillon or Silverthorn which is really close.
A quick search on VRBO at Keystone for the dates May 1-6 got a bunch of stuff in this range. 66.00/night 2b 2b condo.
https://www.vrbo.com/1252835?adultsCount=1&arrival=2019-05-01&departure=2019-05-06&petIncluded=false

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Last year at LL closing weekend, I had people trying to hustle unused 4 packs in the parking lot. Pretty sure the price was pretty near free as supply outpaced demand.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Because its considered shoulder season there are deals on lodging to be had close by. I know a handful of people who have gotten a heck of a deal at the condos at Keystone, others get an affordable room at LaQuinta in Dillon or Silverthorn which is really close.
A quick search on VRBO at Keystone for the dates May 1-6 got a bunch of stuff in this range. 66.00/night 2b 2b condo.
https://www.vrbo.com/1252835?adultsCount=1&arrival=2019-05-01&departure=2019-05-06&petIncluded=false

Agree there are usually some great deals on nice units at Keystone at this time of year. Be sure to look past the advertised price for your true cost though. Lately I've noticed extra taxes and fees don't show till you are about to book the room. Lots of new local regulations on rental properties on the last few years driving up owners costs.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree there are usually some great deals on nice units at Keystone at this time of year. Be sure to look past the advertised price for your true cost though. Lately I've noticed extra taxes and fees don't show till you are about to book the room. Lots of new local regulations on rental properties on the last few years driving up owners costs.

True ... but this can be offset by making a lower offer and not going with the listed price. Pretty sure I've never been refused when doing this; of course, this is also the first season that at least three ski areas will be open at the time.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We had a great deal on a Keystone condo last time we did the A-Basin Mothers Day gig. One thing to be aware of is that it is like a ghost town that time if year. If that doesn't bother you then it is a deal but it can be a bit creepy. FYI.

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
So are you going to book one of those rooms? Will i have the pleasure of skiing with you again? I've made some changes since I last saw you would love to have some fun!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Summit County Mountain Retreats is the property manager for a lot of the Keystone condos. You save a few bucks if you go directly to them instead of through VRBO.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
My mother happens to be in town and wanting to ski this weekend. Will likely be at LL on Friday. Big white van (though smaller than @SBrown 's palace on wheels).

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
So are you going to book one of those rooms? Will i have the pleasure of skiing with you again? I've made some changes since I last saw you would love to have some fun!

I'm pretty sure Cube and I are done for the season with a half a days skiing here locally. I'm thinking IKON pass for next season. Maybe Jackson ?

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm pretty sure Cube and I are done for the season with a half a days skiing here locally. I'm thinking IKON pass for next season. Maybe Jackson ?
IKON is hard for us , Lisa gets her and I both Epic passes for teaching at WB. Just so hard to justify it when she might get 2 weeks max after her season

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:thumb::popcorn:

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter

I wonder about the math on the Ikon pass if you only plan to use it for one event. Mountain collective gives a WAY BETTER discount on additional days beyond the free ones and is $200? cheaper up front. I probably will get the Ikon again this year because of the unlimited days at Snowshoe WV. I did manage to get down there for three days this season. I thought i would be able to get a spring trip to New England this year but it does not look like that is gonna happen.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'll be around. I'll bring my juicer and shaker. We are going to need a lot of limes.

I may start tweaking a marg recipe before the event, too.

:margarita:
Limes are on the Costco list.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I love the earlier date. There's a good chance A-basin will be 100% open given the big snow year, and it should be too early for potential wet slab avi closures of the steep terrain.

Loveland, Mary Jane, and Breck will still be open as well, lessening the chance of crowds at A-basin and giving folks a chance to try out other areas on the cheap if they like.

Participation tentative, but might try to get to CO to ski A-Basin on May 4 and 5, and Breckenridge on May 6.
As the dates get closer will you guys lock into a schedule/roster of resorts, or do you tend to wing-it depending on current conditions and interest of attendees?

Sponsor