• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Jim Kenney this is the first year other resorts have been open at the same time so no precedent. Some have been at Loveland the week prior just before it closed. I'd imagine side trips outside the calendar in the OP will be ad hoc and based on if folks have Ikon or Epic, but A-basin will be the epicenter of fun!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Skied A-Basin this past Friday and scoped out 2 beautiful kickers that are out in the Beavers (and visible from the chair). Hoping @dean_spirito will be schooling the group and showing off his stuff. These kickers just "scream" inverted aerials. Nice ramp angle and good landing areas. If only I was 20 years younger. ;)

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
Skied A-Basin this past Friday and scoped out 2 beautiful kickers that are out in the Beavers (and visible from the chair). Hoping @dean_spirito will be schooling the group and showing off his stuff. These kickers just "scream" inverted aerials. Nice ramp angle and good landing areas. If only I was 20 years younger. ;)
I can do pretty good at the inverted areal I think . It's the landing I can't stick!!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am arriving before the main wave (the previous Friday). Since James is on the disabled list
(see https://www.pugski.com/threads/sudden-agonizing-crippling-lower-back-pain-what-to-do.15054/) I am rethinking my plans.

I'm considering skiing Winter Park that weekend, staying nearby, and then relocating to the main venue on Tuesday. (I know only the Mary Jane side will be open by then.) I have never been to WP.
Anybody else going to be around and interested in WP, or have other suggestions? (Or WP advice?)

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah I'm not going to make it this year. Bummer. Though the back is much better, it's still not a great idea. Possibly if I had rear entry boots to easily get into and were content to stay on smooth groomers. But that's not happening.
This will probably mean 18 inches of powder and Mikaela will be there on fat skis!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I am arriving before the main wave (the previous Friday). Since James is on the disabled list
(see https://www.pugski.com/threads/sudden-agonizing-crippling-lower-back-pain-what-to-do.15054/) I am rethinking my plans.

I'm considering skiing Winter Park that weekend, staying nearby, and then relocating to the main venue on Tuesday. (I know only the Mary Jane side will be open by then.) I have never been to WP.
Anybody else going to be around and interested in WP, or have other suggestions? (Or WP advice?)

Do you have an AT setup?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah I'm not going to make it this year. Bummer. Though the back is much better, it's still not a great idea. Possibly if I had rear entry boots to easily get into and were content to stay on smooth groomers. But that's not happening.
This will probably mean 18 inches of powder and Mikaela will be there on fat skis!
WOW....sorry to hear. @Luvbug...here is your chance.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

Maybe Atomic can be your SAViOR. ;)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

WOW....sorry to hear. @Luvbug...here is your chance.
And Spencer asked today as well

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Foiled once more: Closing on our Breckenridge house is May 7. We'll be outta heah by May 3 even if it's only to stay in motels while searching for the new location.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I really would like to experience this but it's not in the cards. I'll have to hold down the fort at Squaw.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
:( (back)
:) (Miki)

Sponsor

Staff online